Girl takes on ultra-marathon for hospice
- Credit: Abigail Jones
A five-year-old girl from Yatton is undergoing a sponsored ‘ultra-marathon’ in support of Weston Hospice Care.
Imogen has started the task despite having hypermobility syndrome, which can make physical exercise harder for her compared to other children her age.
The year one student started using her permitted daily exercises and since April 21 has clocked over 60 miles.
Her mum, Abigail said: “She started with the target of a marathon, but is doing so well she decided to keep going as long as she can.
“She wanted to do something to help but wasn’t sure what. I suggested Weston Hospice because it’s a local charity that does such important work.
You may also want to watch:
“We moved to North Somerset two-and-a-half years ago. Yatton has been so welcoming, that I thought that we should give back to our new community.”
To sponsor Imogen, log on to www.justgiving.com/fundraising/abigail-jones37
- 1 Poignant artwork installed on Weston beach
- 2 PICTURES: New Aldi store opens in shopping district
- 3 New restaurant named Hospitality Hero by Mercury readers
- 4 Day of Ibiza club classics to be performed in Weston this weekend
- 5 Weston chosen as a ‘priority place’ in bid to transform the country through culture
- 6 Luxurious three-bedroom house overlooking Weston seafront
- 7 Blue plaque installed for famous actress
- 8 Customers urged to support local pubs, restaurants and cafes to boost hospitality sector
- 9 Second school site gets approval despite opposition
- 10 End of busy summer with more events to look forward to