‘Excellent’ hotel for ex-armed forces families impress Royal British Legion supporters
- Credit: Yatton RBL
Hotel accommodation for ex-armed forces members in Somerset have received donations from supporters.
Yatton's recently reformed Royal British Legion travelled to Weston to take a tour of Somerset Legion House.
The centre, just off the seafront, can offer respite and breaks for armed forces personnel and their families.
Branch members were impressed with what they saw and chose to donate money.
A spokesman said: "It is an excellent place where ex-service personnel and their relatives can spend time to rest, relax and get back to normal life.
You may also want to watch:
"Simon Reakes, Sarah Reakes and Chris Holloway were most impressed and were very happy to present Somerset Legion House with a cheque for £250 along with another cheque for £250 to Dunkirk Memorial House in Taunton."
Philip Shone, duty manager of the Weston site, will talk to the branch on Monday at the rugby club at 7.30pm.
- 1 Weston Mercury building up for sale
- 2 Boy, 17, 'with machete' arrested in village
- 3 Who you can vote for in Avon and Somerset PCC elections
- 4 Fire service investigates vehicle workshop blaze
- 5 Council hits out at 'flawed' report ranking Weston as second-worst seaside town
- 6 Contractors chosen to design Banwell bypass
- 7 Royal Pier Hotel redevelopment would 'help to regenerate town'
- 8 Urgent need for volunteers to help with vaccinations
- 9 New headteacher for village first school
- 10 Hot air balloons return to Weston