‘Excellent’ hotel for ex-armed forces families impress Royal British Legion supporters
- Credit: Yatton RBL
Hotel accommodation for ex-armed forces members in Somerset have received donations from supporters.
Yatton's recently reformed Royal British Legion travelled to Weston to take a tour of Somerset Legion House.
The centre, just off the seafront, can offer respite and breaks for armed forces personnel and their families.
Branch members were impressed with what they saw and chose to donate money.
A spokesman said: "It is an excellent place where ex-service personnel and their relatives can spend time to rest, relax and get back to normal life.
You may also want to watch:
"Simon Reakes, Sarah Reakes and Chris Holloway were most impressed and were very happy to present Somerset Legion House with a cheque for £250 along with another cheque for £250 to Dunkirk Memorial House in Taunton."
Philip Shone, duty manager of the Weston site, will talk to the branch on Monday at the rugby club at 7.30pm.
- 1 Event organiser fined for noise complaints
- 2 10 beauty spots in North Somerset
- 3 Michael Eavis, Weston Mayor and former football players at pier fundraiser
- 4 Funeral directors set up new Weston branch
- 5 Have your say on plans for new GP surgery on Weston Rugby Club site
- 6 The joys of sea air: The visitors' guide to Weston-super-Mare
- 7 Forest preschool and holiday club set to open on outskirts of Weston
- 8 Have you seen wanted man Frazer Englefield?
- 9 Weston hotel destroyed by fire to be redeveloped this year
- 10 Gale force winds expected to hit North Somerset