Villagers facing hardship urged to apply for funding grant
- Credit: Archant
People living in three villages can apply for funding through an annual grants scheme.
Yatton United Charities wants villagers to come forward for the chance to earn some crucial funding.
Its spokesman said: "The trustees of the charity are able to make small grants to any resident of Cleeve, Claverham and Yatton in need of financial support due to their own limited funds.
"This includes the elderly, children, students, people with disabilities, learning difficulties, and people experiencing hardship in their life, for example through illness."
The main grants are dealt with in September and the closing date for groups to apply is August 31. If there is a need, grants can also be considered throughout the year.
To apply, email yattonunitedcharities.com, call 07855 496779 or write to the trustees' clerk at Yatton Parish Council, Hangstones Pavilion, Stowey Road, BS49 4HS.
- 1 7 rescue pets looking for forever homes this Christmas in Somerset
- 2 Christmas lights switch-on and festivities announced for Weston
- 3 What are the chances of a white Christmas in Somerset?
- 4 Strong winds expected across Somerset this weekend
- 5 Charity ball raises thousands for Cancer Research
- 6 Man sentenced to at least 24 years for trying to kill his parents
- 7 Castle Batch monument uncovered
- 8 Weston pub attracts crowds for Christmas light switch on
- 9 Tributes paid to 'bright, beautiful, gentle soul' who died after being found injured
- 10 Weston RAF Association to host Cooking with Heroes book launch