Villagers facing hardship urged to apply for funding grant
- Credit: Archant
People living in three villages can apply for funding through an annual grants scheme.
Yatton United Charities wants villagers to come forward for the chance to earn some crucial funding.
Its spokesman said: "The trustees of the charity are able to make small grants to any resident of Cleeve, Claverham and Yatton in need of financial support due to their own limited funds.
"This includes the elderly, children, students, people with disabilities, learning difficulties, and people experiencing hardship in their life, for example through illness."
The main grants are dealt with in September and the closing date for groups to apply is August 31. If there is a need, grants can also be considered throughout the year.
You may also want to watch:
To apply, email yattonunitedcharities.com, call 07855 496779 or write to the trustees' clerk at Yatton Parish Council, Hangstones Pavilion, Stowey Road, BS49 4HS.
- 1 Tributes flood in for 'one in a million' Terry
- 2 Event organiser fined for noise complaints
- 3 Weston's Party in the Park 'biggest yet'
- 4 Funeral directors set up new Weston branch
- 5 Four-bedroom 1930s detached house in Milton
- 6 10 beauty spots in North Somerset
- 7 Michael Eavis, Weston Mayor and former football players at pier fundraiser
- 8 Weston Rotary Club celebrate 100 years
- 9 Live music returns to village this weekend
- 10 The joys of sea air: The visitors' guide to Weston-super-Mare