Charity offering free cash grants
- Credit: PA
Yatton United Charities has reminded people that the deadline for its cash grants is looming.
The charity supports people living in Cleeve, Claverham and Yatton with grant totals depending on how many applicants it receives each year.
A spokesman has told the Mercury and Times that anyone in need of financial support can apply including 'the elderly, children, students, local non-commercial organisations, people with disabilities, or learning difficulties, and people experiencing hardship in their life, for example through illness'.
Molly Byrnes previously applied for the grant and was able to pursue a hobby in cycling - which she could not afford beforehand.
Her parents, Andy and Becky, decided she would need an adapted bike and realised a tandem bike could be the answer.
The spokesman added: "The money donated to Molly from Yatton United Charities has been used to buy her a specialised cycle helmet, a new saddle, a bell, a bag and some fabulously bright cycling clothes."
The deadline for applications is July 31.
- 1 Five sites get Green Flag status
- 2 Impressive house in a popular area of Weston
- 3 Man jailed for knife possession offence
- 4 Councillor calls for misogyny to be classed as hate crime
- 5 Meet the owners of Weston's only seafood restaurant
- 6 Yeo Valley extends open days for award-winning garden
- 7 Executive four-bedroom nearly-new house near town centre
- 8 New principal appointed at academy
- 9 Doctors could be under pressure if changes to surgery boundaries are not implemented
- 10 Man sentenced after racially abusing a woman following a collision
To apply email email@example.com or contact the Clerk to the Trustees on 07855 496779