Charity offering free cash grants
- Credit: PA
Yatton United Charities has reminded people that the deadline for its cash grants is looming.
The charity supports people living in Cleeve, Claverham and Yatton with grant totals depending on how many applicants it receives each year.
A spokesman has told the Mercury and Times that anyone in need of financial support can apply including 'the elderly, children, students, local non-commercial organisations, people with disabilities, or learning difficulties, and people experiencing hardship in their life, for example through illness'.
Molly Byrnes previously applied for the grant and was able to pursue a hobby in cycling - which she could not afford beforehand.
Her parents, Andy and Becky, decided she would need an adapted bike and realised a tandem bike could be the answer.
The spokesman added: "The money donated to Molly from Yatton United Charities has been used to buy her a specialised cycle helmet, a new saddle, a bell, a bag and some fabulously bright cycling clothes."
The deadline for applications is July 31.
- 1 Disruptions to your journey by car across North Somerset
- 2 Worle resident left with maggot-infested bins during heatwave
- 3 LOVE ISLAND 2021: Weston's Jake Cornish makes it official with Liberty
- 4 Could self-driving pods be the future of Weston?
- 5 Temporary closure of Weston's Marine Lake
- 6 Manchester United legends and All Stars put on nine-goal thriller at Cheddar
- 7 GP surgery plans labelled 'unacceptable' by councillors
- 8 Overnight A&E closures continue at hospital
- 9 Green Party candidate elected to council following by-election win
- 10 Popular Weston restaurant closes after nearly 60 years
To apply email email@example.com or contact the Clerk to the Trustees on 07855 496779