Weather warning issued for Weston due to heavy rain
- Credit: Archant
A yellow weather warning for heavy rain has been issued for Weston-super-Mare tonight.
Heavy rain is expected from 6pm tonight (Saturday) until 5pm on Sunday, posing a risk of flooding to some homes and businesses.
The Met Office is warning of spray and flooding on roads which will make journeys longer.
Bus and train services may be affected and there could also be some interruption to power supplies and other services.
A flood alert has been issued for Brean with waves forecast to go over sea defences.
You may also want to watch:
Sea spray is expected as a result of spring tides and strong winds.
- 1 Man charged with two counts of attempted murder
- 2 April 12 opening day: Sovereign Centre plans to shake-up Weston high street
- 3 Drink-driver jailed after causing serious injuries to Weston couple
- 4 Inadequate care home responds
- 5 Weston Marine Lake outdoor swimming plans reach key milestone
- 6 Weston restaurants reopening outside on April 12
- 7 Proposal to reduce traffic on rural roads withdrawn
- 8 Tropicana confirms re-opening plans with first outdoor event
- 9 April 12 reopening: Weston shops preparing for spending spree
- 10 North Somerset antisocial behaviour orders come into force