Weather warning issued for Weston due to heavy rain
- Credit: Archant
A yellow weather warning for heavy rain has been issued for Weston-super-Mare tonight.
Heavy rain is expected from 6pm tonight (Saturday) until 5pm on Sunday, posing a risk of flooding to some homes and businesses.
The Met Office is warning of spray and flooding on roads which will make journeys longer.
Bus and train services may be affected and there could also be some interruption to power supplies and other services.
A flood alert has been issued for Brean with waves forecast to go over sea defences.
Sea spray is expected as a result of spring tides and strong winds.
- 1 Weston town centre improvement works to be 'finished in weeks'
- 2 Weston's bodybuilding world champion dismisses misconceptions
- 3 New community fridge opens in the Sovereign Centre
- 4 PICTURES: Winter Gardens Christmas fayre
- 5 Appeal after biker hospitalised in crash
- 6 John Crockford-Hawley column: A Bridge Too Far?
- 7 PICTURES: Activists march to end violence against women
- 8 A370 to close this evening for first of 10 nights of roadworks
- 9 Charity farm commits to supporting people in need
- 10 Home gets illuminated with Christmas lights for charity