Heavy rain to batter Weston-super-Mare on carnival night
- Credit: Archant
Weston-super-Mare and the surrounding areas will be hit by strong winds and heavy rain on Friday.
The town is set to be abuzz with carnival fever as large, illuminated carts are set to travel through the town’s streets in front of hundreds of people.
But the Met Office has now released a yellow weather warning for spells of bad weather from 9am to 9pm.
The weather expert said: “Some delays to road, rail, air and ferry transport are likely.
“Spray and flooding on roads will probably make journey times longer.”
You may also want to watch:
This is not the first time Weston carnival has had less than perfect weather.
Hundreds of people braved torrential rain to watch the annual display last year.
- 1 Changes to bus services in Weston
- 2 Pub nominated for pub of the year in national awards
- 3 New school welcomes its first pupils
- 4 Ed Sheeran announces huge UK tour
- 5 Poignant artwork installed on Weston beach
- 6 Fine food and drink on offer at biggest ever eat:Weston festival
- 7 Number of homes in major development could be reduced as amended plans submitted
- 8 New restaurant named Hospitality Hero by Mercury readers
- 9 Plan to build £30million second school site approved
- 10 North Somerset's garden waste service to resume with collections every four weeks