Yellow weather warning issued for North Somerset
- Credit: Archant
Heavy rain, which may cause flooding to homes and businesses, is set to start this afternoon (Friday) from 3pm.
The rain will be accompanied by strong winds with gusts reaching 55mph, especially over coasts and hills.
It is likely the winds may lead to significant leaf fall which could contribute to a higher risk of flooding.
Drivers have been warned of rivers of spray and flooding on roads which may increase journey times.
This comes after two cars had to be rescued by the fire service on a flooded road, in Congresbury, earlier this month.
You may also want to watch:
The Met Office said: "On flooded roads, think before driving through deep water.
"If there is any doubt don't enter it."
- 1 Temporary closure of Weston's Marine Lake
- 2 Popular Weston restaurant closes after nearly 60 years
- 3 Owners address concerns raised over Weston donkeys during heatwave
- 4 Opening date announced for new supermarket
- 5 Summer by the Sea: 'North Somerset is the place to be'
- 6 Water Adventure Play Park switches water on again
- 7 Covid warning issued in North Somerset
- 8 Green Party candidate elected to council following by-election win
- 9 Restricting more flights from airport would have 'profound implications for society', says lawyer
- 10 Yatton development welcomes first movers
For more advice, visit www.metoffice.gov.uk