Yellow weather warning issued for North Somerset
- Credit: Archant
Heavy rain, which may cause flooding to homes and businesses, is set to start this afternoon (Friday) from 3pm.
The rain will be accompanied by strong winds with gusts reaching 55mph, especially over coasts and hills.
It is likely the winds may lead to significant leaf fall which could contribute to a higher risk of flooding.
Drivers have been warned of rivers of spray and flooding on roads which may increase journey times.
This comes after two cars had to be rescued by the fire service on a flooded road, in Congresbury, earlier this month.
You may also want to watch:
The Met Office said: "On flooded roads, think before driving through deep water.
"If there is any doubt don't enter it."
- 1 Five sites get Green Flag status
- 2 Impressive house in a popular area of Weston
- 3 Man jailed for knife possession offence
- 4 Councillor calls for misogyny to be classed as hate crime
- 5 Yeo Valley extends open days for award-winning garden
- 6 Meet the owners of Weston's only seafood restaurant
- 7 Executive four-bedroom nearly-new house near town centre
- 8 New principal appointed at academy
- 9 Man sentenced after racially abusing a woman following a collision
- 10 Doctors could be under pressure if changes to surgery boundaries are not implemented
For more advice, visit www.metoffice.gov.uk