Yellow weather warning issued as Storm Gareth heads to Weston
- Credit: Terry Kelly
The Met Office has issued a yellow weather warning as Storm Gareth is set to batter Weston-super-Mare tonight (Tuesday).
Strong northwesterly winds are expected from 9pm tonight until 3pm tomorrow.
Gusts of 65mph are likely along coastal areas, while wind speeds are predicted to reach 55mph inland.
Storm Gareth could cause disruption to transport services with possible delays to flights and bus and train services.
Sea fronts and coastal communities could also be affected by spray and large waves.
You may also want to watch:
People are being warned to stay indoors as much as possible and not to drive unless the journey is really necessary.
Motorists are urged to take particular care when driving on exposed routes such as bridges or high open roads.
- 1 Large-scale offshore rig to be built at Weston's Tropicana next year as part of UK-wide project
- 2 New principal appointed at academy
- 3 North Somerset Covid case rate at its highest
- 4 Claim for judicial review delays school expansion for vulnerable children
- 5 Executive four-bedroom nearly-new house near town centre
- 6 North Somerset risks 43,000 false-negative PCRs after lab mix up
- 7 Weston families 'deciding between keeping children warm or fed'
- 8 Weston pub to undergo renovations to restore 19th century look
- 9 New officer verification process introduced by police
- 10 PICTURES: Runners brave the elements at Weston Super Half