Yellow weather warning issued as Storm Gareth heads to Weston
- Credit: Terry Kelly
The Met Office has issued a yellow weather warning as Storm Gareth is set to batter Weston-super-Mare tonight (Tuesday).
Strong northwesterly winds are expected from 9pm tonight until 3pm tomorrow.
Gusts of 65mph are likely along coastal areas, while wind speeds are predicted to reach 55mph inland.
Storm Gareth could cause disruption to transport services with possible delays to flights and bus and train services.
Sea fronts and coastal communities could also be affected by spray and large waves.
You may also want to watch:
People are being warned to stay indoors as much as possible and not to drive unless the journey is really necessary.
Motorists are urged to take particular care when driving on exposed routes such as bridges or high open roads.
- 1 Worle resident left with maggot-infested bins during heatwave
- 2 Electrical appliance retailer opens appliance showroom
- 3 PICTURES: New supermarket opens at shopping district
- 4 Versatile extended cottage with annexe in rural village
- 5 Opening date announced for new supermarket
- 6 Pub fun day raises hundreds of pounds for charities
- 7 Former mayor and mayoress of Weston celebrate diamond wedding
- 8 Council backs call to improve poor health in seaside towns
- 9 Water Adventure Play Park's water is off again
- 10 Party in the Park event returns to Weston