Yellow weather warning issued as Storm Gareth heads to Weston
- Credit: Terry Kelly
The Met Office has issued a yellow weather warning as Storm Gareth is set to batter Weston-super-Mare tonight (Tuesday).
Strong northwesterly winds are expected from 9pm tonight until 3pm tomorrow.
Gusts of 65mph are likely along coastal areas, while wind speeds are predicted to reach 55mph inland.
Storm Gareth could cause disruption to transport services with possible delays to flights and bus and train services.
Sea fronts and coastal communities could also be affected by spray and large waves.
You may also want to watch:
People are being warned to stay indoors as much as possible and not to drive unless the journey is really necessary.
Motorists are urged to take particular care when driving on exposed routes such as bridges or high open roads.
- 1 Armed police at Birnbeck Pier after reports of men with a gun
- 2 Petrol filling station and food store opens on outskirts of Weston
- 3 Sun shines on successful Weston food festival
- 4 'Brilliant week' for Weston after April 12 ease in restrictions
- 5 Surfer sets up new water sports business in North Somerset
- 6 Police appeal for dash cam footage after serious collision near Weston
- 7 Workshops to discuss new medical centre at Weston Rugby Club
- 8 GALLERY: Photographers capture springtime snapshots in Weston-super-Mare
- 9 Winscombe gardening business gets Alan Titchmarsh's blessing
- 10 Man given indefinite hospital order for killing neighbour