Weather warning issued for thunderstorms in Weston
- Credit: Getty Images/iStockphoto
The Met Office has issued a yellow weather warning for thunderstorms from 10am this morning (Monday).
Storms are expected to hit Weston-super-Mare between 10am and 8pm, along with with heavy showers.
Flooding in homes and businesses is likely, which could cause damage to buildings or structures.
Drivers are warned to take care of spray, standing water and hail and to leave extra time for journeys.
Delays to trains and a short-term loss of power and other services is possible.
You may also want to watch:
There could also be some damage to buildings and structures from lightning strikes.
- 1 Funeral directors set up new Weston branch
- 2 Tributes flood in for 'one in a million' Terry
- 3 Event organiser fined for noise complaints
- 4 Four-bedroom 1930s detached house in Milton
- 5 Weston's Party in the Park 'biggest yet'
- 6 10 beauty spots in North Somerset
- 7 Michael Eavis, Weston Mayor and former football players at pier fundraiser
- 8 The joys of sea air: The visitors' guide to Weston-super-Mare
- 9 Live music returns to village this weekend
- 10 Weston Rotary Club celebrate 100 years