Weather warning issued for thunderstorms in Weston
- Credit: Getty Images/iStockphoto
The Met Office has issued a yellow weather warning for thunderstorms from 10am this morning (Monday).
Storms are expected to hit Weston-super-Mare between 10am and 8pm, along with with heavy showers.
Flooding in homes and businesses is likely, which could cause damage to buildings or structures.
Drivers are warned to take care of spray, standing water and hail and to leave extra time for journeys.
Delays to trains and a short-term loss of power and other services is possible.
You may also want to watch:
There could also be some damage to buildings and structures from lightning strikes.
- 1 Man charged with two counts of attempted murder
- 2 April 12 opening day: Sovereign Centre plans to shake-up Weston high street
- 3 Drink-driver jailed after causing serious injuries to Weston couple
- 4 Inadequate care home responds
- 5 Weston Marine Lake outdoor swimming plans reach key milestone
- 6 Weston restaurants reopening outside on April 12
- 7 Proposal to reduce traffic on rural roads withdrawn
- 8 April 12 reopening: Weston shops preparing for spending spree
- 9 Tropicana confirms re-opening plans with first outdoor event
- 10 North Somerset antisocial behaviour orders come into force