Weather warning issued for thunderstorms in Weston
- Credit: Getty Images/iStockphoto
The Met Office has issued a yellow weather warning for thunderstorms from 10am this morning (Monday).
Storms are expected to hit Weston-super-Mare between 10am and 8pm, along with with heavy showers.
Flooding in homes and businesses is likely, which could cause damage to buildings or structures.
Drivers are warned to take care of spray, standing water and hail and to leave extra time for journeys.
Delays to trains and a short-term loss of power and other services is possible.
There could also be some damage to buildings and structures from lightning strikes.
- 1 7 rescue pets looking for forever homes this Christmas in Somerset
- 2 Christmas lights switch-on and festivities announced for Weston
- 3 What are the chances of a white Christmas in Somerset?
- 4 Charity ball raises thousands for Cancer Research
- 5 Strong winds expected across Somerset this weekend
- 6 Castle Batch monument uncovered
- 7 Man sentenced to at least 24 years for trying to kill his parents
- 8 Weston pub attracts crowds for Christmas light switch on
- 9 Tributes paid to 'bright, beautiful, gentle soul' who died after being found injured
- 10 Weston RAF Association to host Cooking with Heroes book launch