Wind weather warning issued for North Somerset
- Credit: Archant
The Met Office has issued a yellow weather warning for wind today (Thursday).
A spell of gusty wind is expected to last until 1pm.
There may be some delays to flights, road and rail transport as well as bus services.
Motorists are being urged to take care on exposed routes and leave extra time for journeys.
Some short term loss of power and other services is possible.
You may also want to watch:
Coastal areas can expect spray from large waves.
RNLI Weston is warning people to stay away from the sea during windy weather.
- 1 Weston Marine Lake outdoor swimming plans reach key milestone
- 2 Weston restaurants reopening outside on April 12
- 3 Modern, versatile living in a historic manor house
- 4 Weston project promotes healthy eating for youngsters
- 5 Proposal to reduce traffic on rural roads withdrawn
- 6 The Playhouse announces reopening date this summer
- 7 Tropicana confirms re-opening plans with first outdoor event
- 8 Weston micropub closes permanently due to coronavirus pandemic
- 9 Husband and wife launch Cheddar Pizza House in lockdown
- 10 Stunning detached stone cottage in sought-after area of Weston