Wind weather warning issued for North Somerset
- Credit: Archant
The Met Office has issued a yellow weather warning for wind today (Thursday).
A spell of gusty wind is expected to last until 1pm.
There may be some delays to flights, road and rail transport as well as bus services.
Motorists are being urged to take care on exposed routes and leave extra time for journeys.
Some short term loss of power and other services is possible.
You may also want to watch:
Coastal areas can expect spray from large waves.
RNLI Weston is warning people to stay away from the sea during windy weather.
- 1 PICTURES: Princess Anne visits Weston-super-Mare
- 2 Large-scale offshore rig to be built at Weston's Tropicana next year as part of UK-wide project
- 3 North Somerset Covid case rate at its highest
- 4 Record fuel prices pose health threat for Weston parent
- 5 Primary school wins a second award for its focus on pupils’ mental wellbeing
- 6 Cheddar 'pump track' approved and new facility could be in place next year
- 7 New principal appointed at academy
- 8 Executive four-bedroom nearly-new house near town centre
- 9 Claim for judicial review delays school expansion for vulnerable children
- 10 North Somerset risks 43,000 false-negative PCRs after lab mix up