Wind weather warning issued for North Somerset
- Credit: Archant
The Met Office has issued a yellow weather warning for wind today (Thursday).
A spell of gusty wind is expected to last until 1pm.
There may be some delays to flights, road and rail transport as well as bus services.
Motorists are being urged to take care on exposed routes and leave extra time for journeys.
Some short term loss of power and other services is possible.
You may also want to watch:
Coastal areas can expect spray from large waves.
RNLI Weston is warning people to stay away from the sea during windy weather.
- 1 Funeral directors set up new Weston branch
- 2 Event organiser fined for noise complaints
- 3 Four-bedroom 1930s detached house in Milton
- 4 10 beauty spots in North Somerset
- 5 Michael Eavis, Weston Mayor and former football players at pier fundraiser
- 6 The joys of sea air: The visitors' guide to Weston-super-Mare
- 7 Forest preschool and holiday club set to open on outskirts of Weston
- 8 Weston hotel destroyed by fire to be redeveloped this year
- 9 PICTURES: New supermarket opens at shopping district
- 10 Gale force winds expected to hit North Somerset