YMCA board still working to save the club
MEMBERS of Weston s YMCA board are still working on a way of preventing its closure.
MEMBERS of Weston's YMCA board are still working on a way of preventing its closure.
They announced in January that the youth club in Bristol Road Lower could be forced to shut because the upstairs rooms in the building can no longer be rented out.
Weston's MP John Penrose is due to meet with board members and businessmen from the town on Friday to discuss the future of the club and building.
He said: "We're working on a rescue package to keep the YMCA open. I'm pleased to say the youth club is still functioning and it is getting plenty of help from loyal local supporters.
You may also want to watch:
"At the moment the board are talking to YMCA England who are keen to keep the existing building open and are eager to provide any help and support they can.
- 1 Worle resident left with maggot-infested bins during heatwave
- 2 Disruptions to your journey by car across North Somerset
- 3 Versatile extended cottage with annexe in rural village
- 4 LOVE ISLAND 2021: Weston's Jake Cornish makes it official with Liberty
- 5 Could self-driving pods be the future of Weston?
- 6 Council hopes to reopen Weston Marine Lake later this week
- 7 Electrical appliance retailer opens appliance showroom
- 8 Overnight A&E closures continue at hospital
- 9 Family pays tribute to founder of Jolly Dollies support network
- 10 Popular Weston restaurant closes after nearly 60 years