Pupils win awards for artistic talent
- Credit: Wrington Vale Rotary Club
Youngsters strived to achieve first place following a rotary club’s young artist of the year awards.
Wrington Vale Rotary Club examined around 80 young people's artistic flair and came to a unanimous decision at the awards in July.
Judges decided Isabella Hay from Burrington Primary School should be awarded a trophy and title of Junior Young Artist Of The Year 2018-2019.
Competitors received certificates from district governor Dennis Stevens on the day at Barley Wood House in Wrington.
Among the runners-up for accolades were around 10 pupils from Blagdon, Winscombe and Burrington primary schools.
You may also want to watch:
Certificates were also given out for second place and work which was highly commended.
Wrington Vale Rotary Club president Philip Britton and organiser Brian Kirkup attended and handed out awards at the event.
- 1 Five sites get Green Flag status
- 2 Impressive house in a popular area of Weston
- 3 Man jailed for knife possession offence
- 4 Councillor calls for misogyny to be classed as hate crime
- 5 Yeo Valley extends open days for award-winning garden
- 6 Meet the owners of Weston's only seafood restaurant
- 7 Executive four-bedroom nearly-new house near town centre
- 8 New principal appointed at academy
- 9 Man sentenced after racially abusing a woman following a collision
- 10 Doctors could be under pressure if changes to surgery boundaries are not implemented
The club was very impressed by the standard of the entries this year.