Pupils win awards for artistic talent
- Credit: Wrington Vale Rotary Club
Youngsters strived to achieve first place following a rotary club’s young artist of the year awards.
Wrington Vale Rotary Club examined around 80 young people's artistic flair and came to a unanimous decision at the awards in July.
Judges decided Isabella Hay from Burrington Primary School should be awarded a trophy and title of Junior Young Artist Of The Year 2018-2019.
Competitors received certificates from district governor Dennis Stevens on the day at Barley Wood House in Wrington.
Among the runners-up for accolades were around 10 pupils from Blagdon, Winscombe and Burrington primary schools.
You may also want to watch:
Certificates were also given out for second place and work which was highly commended.
Wrington Vale Rotary Club president Philip Britton and organiser Brian Kirkup attended and handed out awards at the event.
- 1 Temporary closure of Weston's Marine Lake
- 2 GP surgery plans labelled 'unacceptable' by councillors
- 3 Owners address concerns raised over Weston donkeys during heatwave
- 4 Popular Weston restaurant closes after nearly 60 years
- 5 Opening date announced for new supermarket
- 6 Covid warning issued in North Somerset
- 7 Garden waste service disrupted due to 'ongoing crew shortages'
- 8 Green Party candidate elected to council following by-election win
- 9 Summer by the Sea: 'North Somerset is the place to be'
- 10 Water Adventure Play Park switches water on again
The club was very impressed by the standard of the entries this year.