Pupils win awards for artistic talent
- Credit: Wrington Vale Rotary Club
Youngsters strived to achieve first place following a rotary club’s young artist of the year awards.
Wrington Vale Rotary Club examined around 80 young people's artistic flair and came to a unanimous decision at the awards in July.
Judges decided Isabella Hay from Burrington Primary School should be awarded a trophy and title of Junior Young Artist Of The Year 2018-2019.
Competitors received certificates from district governor Dennis Stevens on the day at Barley Wood House in Wrington.
Among the runners-up for accolades were around 10 pupils from Blagdon, Winscombe and Burrington primary schools.
You may also want to watch:
Certificates were also given out for second place and work which was highly commended.
Wrington Vale Rotary Club president Philip Britton and organiser Brian Kirkup attended and handed out awards at the event.
- 1 Arrest made following death of man in Weston attack
- 2 How to order free Covid home tests
- 3 Popular Weston restaurant welcomes customers back
- 4 Inadequate care home responds
- 5 Grand Pier to host recruitment open days
- 6 Man charged with two counts of attempted murder
- 7 Drink-driver jailed after causing serious injuries to Weston couple
- 8 April 12 opening day: Sovereign Centre plans to shake-up Weston high street
- 9 Reopening: Thousands booked as hairdressers reopen
- 10 Local artists bring wow-factor to Weston shop windows
The club was very impressed by the standard of the entries this year.