Pupils win awards for artistic talent
- Credit: Wrington Vale Rotary Club
Youngsters strived to achieve first place following a rotary club’s young artist of the year awards.
Wrington Vale Rotary Club examined around 80 young people's artistic flair and came to a unanimous decision at the awards in July.
Judges decided Isabella Hay from Burrington Primary School should be awarded a trophy and title of Junior Young Artist Of The Year 2018-2019.
Competitors received certificates from district governor Dennis Stevens on the day at Barley Wood House in Wrington.
Among the runners-up for accolades were around 10 pupils from Blagdon, Winscombe and Burrington primary schools.
Certificates were also given out for second place and work which was highly commended.
Wrington Vale Rotary Club president Philip Britton and organiser Brian Kirkup attended and handed out awards at the event.
- 1 Police oppose 2am licence for new bar in Weston over links to criminals
- 2 PICTURES: More details of Weston's See Monster revealed
- 3 Burglars target 24 properties in North Somerset area
- 4 Ultimate obstacle course coming to Weston
- 5 Thatchers is looking for new recruits to join cider business
- 6 Aldi chocolate and yoghurts containing metal among recent recalled products
- 7 Court rules that Baytree School expansion can go ahead
- 8 Stunning house with large rooms and annexe
- 9 Shop chain will sell products past 'best before' date for as little as 20p
- 10 Man SPAT at shop staff in row over face mask
The club was very impressed by the standard of the entries this year.