A young aspiring actress takes to the air waves
- Credit: Ade Bowen
An aspiring actress is working on her confidence by helping her dad with his web-based radio programme.
Willow Bowen, aged 11, hopes to go into acting, and is honing her communication skills by featuring on her dad Ade’s Saturday morning show on Wave Community Radio.
Dad Ade, said: “It is a family show packed with jokes, characters, fun facts and party music.
"Since August, Willow has been recording news features for me which are made up of joke news. Willow's confidence is growing each week.
"For the first two weeks of 2021 she even came in live to do interesting facts to introduce the music.”
Willow said: “My dad helps me with how to read the lines to make them funnier. I think I am more confident now than I was.
“I would like to be an actress. I think the confidence this is giving me will help with that."
- 1 Garden waste charges for North Somerset households
- 2 No deaths from coronavirus in one area of North Somerset
- 3 Local mortgage broker launches in North Somerset
- 4 Deputy mayor of Weston's big shave for charity
- 5 Illegal tobacco products lead to suspended sentence
- 6 Fears over Covid outbreaks as care homes prepare to open for visitors
- 7 Care assistants win award
- 8 Council's Clevedon offices could be redeveloped
- 9 Disaster response team supporting Weston school with Covid tests
- 10 Education union calls for robust safety measures as schools prepare to reopen