Youngster dies in road traffic collison
9am. 21.11.07- A YOUNGSTER from the Burnham area died in a road traffic collision near Long Ashton last night (Tues).
A YOUNGSTER from the Burnham area died in a road traffic collision near Long Ashton last night (Tues).
A Peugeot car was travelling on the B3128 in the direction of Longwood Lane when it collided with a Land Rover, heading towards Clevedon, at the junction with Providence Lane.
A 17-year-old Peugeot passenger from the Burnham area was pronounced dead at the scene and a 10-year-old rear seat passenger was seriously injured and taken to Frenchay Hospital.
The woman driver of the Peugeot was taken to Bristol Royal Infirmary although her injuries are not believed to be life threatening.
You may also want to watch:
Two people, who were travelling in the Land Rover, were taken to Bristol Royal Infirmary with minor injuries.
Police are appealing for witnesses to come forward and anyone with information is urged to call police on 0845 4567000.
- 1 Five sites get Green Flag status
- 2 Councillor calls for misogyny to be classed as hate crime
- 3 Impressive house in a popular area of Weston
- 4 Yeo Valley extends open days for award-winning garden
- 5 Man jailed for knife possession offence
- 6 Meet the owners of Weston's only seafood restaurant
- 7 Banwell bypass route chosen
- 8 New principal appointed at academy
- 9 WIN: Tickets to The Magic Of Motown
- 10 Man sentenced after racially abusing a woman following a collision