Youngster dies in road traffic collison
9am. 21.11.07- A YOUNGSTER from the Burnham area died in a road traffic collision near Long Ashton last night (Tues).
A YOUNGSTER from the Burnham area died in a road traffic collision near Long Ashton last night (Tues).
A Peugeot car was travelling on the B3128 in the direction of Longwood Lane when it collided with a Land Rover, heading towards Clevedon, at the junction with Providence Lane.
A 17-year-old Peugeot passenger from the Burnham area was pronounced dead at the scene and a 10-year-old rear seat passenger was seriously injured and taken to Frenchay Hospital.
The woman driver of the Peugeot was taken to Bristol Royal Infirmary although her injuries are not believed to be life threatening.
You may also want to watch:
Two people, who were travelling in the Land Rover, were taken to Bristol Royal Infirmary with minor injuries.
Police are appealing for witnesses to come forward and anyone with information is urged to call police on 0845 4567000.
- 1 Weston Marine Lake outdoor swimming plans reach key milestone
- 2 Weston project promotes healthy eating for youngsters
- 3 Modern, versatile living in a historic manor house
- 4 Proposal to reduce traffic on rural roads withdrawn
- 5 Weston restaurants reopening outside on April 12
- 6 The Playhouse announces reopening date this summer
- 7 North Somerset startup to supply face masks for Team GB skaters
- 8 Tropicana confirms re-opening plans with first outdoor event
- 9 Husband and wife launch Cheddar Pizza House in lockdown
- 10 Former pupils become teachers