Youngster dies in road traffic collison
9am. 21.11.07- A YOUNGSTER from the Burnham area died in a road traffic collision near Long Ashton last night (Tues).
A YOUNGSTER from the Burnham area died in a road traffic collision near Long Ashton last night (Tues).
A Peugeot car was travelling on the B3128 in the direction of Longwood Lane when it collided with a Land Rover, heading towards Clevedon, at the junction with Providence Lane.
A 17-year-old Peugeot passenger from the Burnham area was pronounced dead at the scene and a 10-year-old rear seat passenger was seriously injured and taken to Frenchay Hospital.
The woman driver of the Peugeot was taken to Bristol Royal Infirmary although her injuries are not believed to be life threatening.
You may also want to watch:
Two people, who were travelling in the Land Rover, were taken to Bristol Royal Infirmary with minor injuries.
Police are appealing for witnesses to come forward and anyone with information is urged to call police on 0845 4567000.
- 1 10 beauty spots in North Somerset
- 2 Event organiser fined for noise complaints
- 3 Disruptions to your journey by car across North Somerset
- 4 Forest preschool and holiday club set to open on outskirts of Weston
- 5 Michael Eavis, Weston Mayor and former football players at pier fundraiser
- 6 Have your say on plans for new GP surgery on Weston Rugby Club site
- 7 Weston hotel destroyed by fire to be redeveloped this year
- 8 Wind and water sports in Weston
- 9 Have you seen wanted man Frazer Englefield?
- 10 Funeral directors set up new Weston branch