Youngsters 'slum it' in Yatton
YOUNGSTERS across the district learnt how to slum it at an event in Yatton.
YOUNGSTERS across the district learnt how to 'slum it' at an event in Yatton.
Members of congregations from the Methodist church and from Christchurch in Clevedon, got together to raise money for charity Soul Action, which helps people affected by poverty across the world.
The young people built shacks to sleep in and ate nothing but rice and lentils for two days.
The event, which took place in the church car park in High Street, is part of a national initiative called Slum Survivor, which is designed to help young people gain an insight into poverty.
You may also want to watch:
To see the pictures buy this week's Weston & Somerset Mercury......
- 1 Weston will get a bowling alley next year
- 2 Weston pub to undergo renovations to restore 19th century look
- 3 Puxton Park pumpkin patch now open
- 4 PICTURES: Runners brave the elements at Weston Super Half
- 5 WIN: Tickets to The Magic Of Motown
- 6 Man jailed for knife possession offence
- 7 Yeo Valley extends open days for award-winning garden
- 8 Stone Roses songs to be recreated in Weston
- 9 Village's community shop to relocate
- 10 Weston BID column: Walker & Ling owner Sam Walker