Youngsters 'slum it' in Yatton
YOUNGSTERS across the district learnt how to slum it at an event in Yatton.
YOUNGSTERS across the district learnt how to 'slum it' at an event in Yatton.
Members of congregations from the Methodist church and from Christchurch in Clevedon, got together to raise money for charity Soul Action, which helps people affected by poverty across the world.
The young people built shacks to sleep in and ate nothing but rice and lentils for two days.
The event, which took place in the church car park in High Street, is part of a national initiative called Slum Survivor, which is designed to help young people gain an insight into poverty.
You may also want to watch:
To see the pictures buy this week's Weston & Somerset Mercury......
- 1 Gale force winds expected to hit North Somerset
- 2 Party in the Park event returns to Weston
- 3 Weston's Marine Lake to remain closed due to safety concerns
- 4 Weston is a 'really great place to invest'
- 5 PICTURES: New supermarket opens at shopping district
- 6 Weston hotel destroyed by fire to be redeveloped this year
- 7 Have you seen wanted man Frazer Englefield?
- 8 The joys of sea air: The visitors' guide to Weston-super-Mare
- 9 Weston's youngest funeral director achieves qualifications
- 10 Pub fun day raises hundreds of pounds for charities