Santa pelted with stones in Bournville
- Credit: Weston south ward sleigh ride
A charity sleigh ride was used as ‘target practice’ for a gang of youths in Weston.
The annual Santa sleigh ride organised by Axe District Explorer Scouts, was pelted with stones by four boys as it made it’s way around the Bournville estate on December 18.
One volunteer was hit by a stone, but thankfully not injured.
As a result of the incident, the event, now in its seventh year, had to be cut short.
However, after the story went viral on social media, three of the boys were contacted by youth workers and agreed to help with the final Nailsea leg, giving out lollies to children along the route.
You may also want to watch:
All three have all signed up to help with the event next year.
Organiser Linda Sims thanked everyone who offered ‘kind words, support and encouragement’ as well as youth workers from YMCA and SWAN who came out unpaid to work with the three young men.
- 1 Five sites get Green Flag status
- 2 Councillor calls for misogyny to be classed as hate crime
- 3 Impressive house in a popular area of Weston
- 4 Yeo Valley extends open days for award-winning garden
- 5 Man jailed for knife possession offence
- 6 Meet the owners of Weston's only seafood restaurant
- 7 New principal appointed at academy
- 8 Banwell bypass route chosen
- 9 WIN: Tickets to The Magic Of Motown
- 10 Man sentenced after racially abusing a woman following a collision
The ride raised £2,245 in total.