National League South: Dartford 4-2 Weston-super-Mare AFC

Weston-super-Mare AFC were beaten away from home against Dartford on Tuesday night in the National League South.

The match, which was played in dark and colder conditions, ended 4-2 to the hosts in front of a strong crowd in Kent.

The result wraps up a busy week for Weston in which they defeated Torquay at home, drew with Maidstone at home and lost to Dartford.

After those three fixtures, the Seagulls now sit in 16th place in the league table after 15 games played.

For the match at Dartford, Scott Bartlett went with an unchanged side from Saturday's match.

In the opening exchanges both sides were a little bit cagey and not wanting to let slip possession too easily.

However the hosts had the better of the chances in the first 20 minutes, with Max Statham causing some problems going forward for the Weston defence.

Despite the early pressure from Dartford, Weston stayed resolute and took the lead in the 23rd minute when Keiran Thomas knocked a long ball in behind for Reuben Reid, who brought it down, rounded the keeper and finished superbly.

This gave the Seagulls some confidence and would be on the front foot for the next 15 minutes until on the counter Luke Coulson picked out Paul Rooney who slotted home for Dartford to level the scores.

That would be the scoreline at the break too as both sides played out the half at one a piece.

In the second forty-five, the game opened up a lot more and there was more action at both ends.

In the 46th minute, a penalty was awarded to the hosts and Coulson fired it in off the bar to send his side in front for the first time.

Weston looked fired up at this point and a shot from the edge which took a wicked deflection  very nearly went in.

There were chances for the hosts too; Miller-Rodney and Baris Altintop both had good shots saved by Harry Lee in Weston's net.

But the pressure paid in the 69th minute when the man of the match Coulson nicked the ball in midfield and slipped it in behind to Alex Wall, who slotted home past Lee to make it 3-1.

Dartford were in control now and in the 89th minute they made it 4-1 when another good Coulson delivery was flicked on by Wall and bobbled into the corner.

Weston, determined not to give up, did score a late consolation goal when Luke Pearce fired in from the edge of the box from Robbie Willmott's cut-back on 94 minutes.

However it would be too late as the home side recorded a 4-2 victory which sees them jump up to ninth place in the table.

Up next for Weston is another away match on Saturday, November 4 against newly promoted side Aveley.