Uhlsport Somerset Premier Division: Worle 2-1 Somerton Town

In a highly anticipated match, Worle earned three points against fellow relegation battling side Somerton Town on Saturday.

The hosts welcomed back Nick Buxton to the side after his stint away. The game started slowly for Worle, with early chances coming from the visitors, but a corner from Jack Hodrien provided an opportunity for Buxton, whose shot went over the bar from close range.

Mike Hodrien's impressive work down the left resulted in a dangerous cross across the goal mouth, but no one was there to convert. Somerton took the lead from a penalty after their striker went down under a tackle from two Worle players. The pressure continued as Somerton hit the upright in the 40th minute and looked to be on top.

Worle had a chance with a free kick from Joe Holder, but it was blazed over, leaving them trailing 1-0 at halftime.

Tactical changes at the break, with Jack Hodrien moving into midfield and Timberlake dropping to right back, had Somerton baffled as Worle started the second half better.

The turning point came when Timberlake's tackle on the edge of Worle's box led to a pinpoint pass, finding Maggs, with magic work saw his shot curled into the bottom corner, equalising for Worle. Worle continued with numerous shots narrowly missing the target.

A late challenge on Buxton in Worle's box earned Somerton their first yellow card. A free kick on the edge of the Somerton box was spilled by the keeper, and Toby Jones capitalized, making it 2-1 for Worle.

Buxton, back in the fray, faced rough challenges but remained solid alongside Elliott in defense. The Somerton keeper escaped a red card after handling outside his area. Despite a disallowed goal for offside, Worle dominated the late stages.

In the dying moments, Jack Clark's audacious overhead kick attempt earned him a dubious club prize. With a fantastic second-half display, Worle emerged victorious, finishing 2-1, showcasing their resilience and determination.