250 appearance for Ashley
- Credit: Archant
Weston second row forward recently made his 250th appearance for the first team.
WESTON second rower Ashley Russell made his 250th first team appearance in the match against Lydney at the Recreation Ground last Saturday.
Bristol-born Russell, aged 30, was educated at Priory and Churchill schools from where the played for Somerset at 16 group level.
But before that, he joined the club as an eight-year-old junior and proceeded through the age groups to the colts.
He also appeared for the county’s under-20s before making his senior club debut in the home match against Redruth in December 2002.
You may also want to watch:
He has been the winner of Weston’s Player of the Year award twice, in 2006 and 2009 and so far, he has scored 28 tries.
- 1 County council chairman urged to resign over 'slip of the tongue' comment about gypsies
- 2 Weston General Hospital increases patient-to-nurse ratio due to rising coronavirus patient numbers
- 3 Coronavirus cases in North Somerset at highest ever daily rate
- 4 North Somerset could be placed in higher tier after national lockdown ends
- 5 Football association charges club and players following investigation after abandoned match
- 6 175th anniversary of Weston Cricket Club book by Roger Webber to shortly be released
- 7 Cancer specialist offers tips on mental wellbeing during lockdown
- 8 Hundreds of children told to isolate after eight schools confirm coronavirus cases
- 9 Appeal after brick thrown through window in Weston
- 10 Weston businesses move online for second lockdown