49ers on top form
Weston 49ers travelled to Taunton and returned home witha 42-35 victory.
THE 49ers travelled to newly-promoted Taunton Outcasts in their latest Somerset Super League.
Board one saw Daz Paul get the 49ers off to a great start, winning 3-0 and notching up a 180 and two 140s.
Taunton hit back winning the next and winning the first two games on board two. Mike Norton was involved in a fantastic match, coming out on top 3-2 with a 25.04 average.
Mike Williams and Adam McNally won their games 3-1 and 3-0. The last game on board one went to Taunton. Meanwhile on board two, Paul Smith stepped up and put on a great display, winning 3-1, hitting nine tons and averaging 23.24.
You may also want to watch:
Bob Hadley won 3-1 averaging 22.41 and Paul Griffiths came through with a 3-2 victory. Taunton came back and won the last with the score 26-22 in favour of the 49ers.
It was all to play for in the pairs and the 49ers didn’t disappoint, with wins for Norton and Paul Smith, Mike Cannon and Hadley, McNally and Griffiths ending the match 42-35 for the 49ers.
- 1 Gates to be replaced as work continues to reopen Marine Lake
- 2 Man left with 'significant facial injury' following assault in Weston
- 3 Weston's four-day Oktoberfest to begin next week
- 4 Disruption to school transport due to driver shortage
- 5 Council issues advice after collapse of energy companies
- 6 Family-run business opens new tile and paving showroom
- 7 North Somerset runners get ready for London Marathon
- 8 People encouraged to have Covid booster to protect them from virus
- 9 Home Bargains store opens after £1million investment
- 10 Entries open for Christmas Cracker race on Weston beach
Captain Mike Harding awarded the man of the match to Mike Norton for his great display in both the singles and pairs.