49ers on top form
Weston 49ers travelled to Taunton and returned home witha 42-35 victory.
THE 49ers travelled to newly-promoted Taunton Outcasts in their latest Somerset Super League.
Board one saw Daz Paul get the 49ers off to a great start, winning 3-0 and notching up a 180 and two 140s.
Taunton hit back winning the next and winning the first two games on board two. Mike Norton was involved in a fantastic match, coming out on top 3-2 with a 25.04 average.
Mike Williams and Adam McNally won their games 3-1 and 3-0. The last game on board one went to Taunton. Meanwhile on board two, Paul Smith stepped up and put on a great display, winning 3-1, hitting nine tons and averaging 23.24.
You may also want to watch:
Bob Hadley won 3-1 averaging 22.41 and Paul Griffiths came through with a 3-2 victory. Taunton came back and won the last with the score 26-22 in favour of the 49ers.
It was all to play for in the pairs and the 49ers didn’t disappoint, with wins for Norton and Paul Smith, Mike Cannon and Hadley, McNally and Griffiths ending the match 42-35 for the 49ers.
- 1 Coronavirus cases in North Somerset at highest ever daily rate
- 2 Sewage emissions report reveals Weston affected by at least 93 sewage spills in the past year
- 3 North Somerset to move into tier 3 after end of nationwide lockdown
- 4 MPs brand placing North Somerset into tier 3 restrictions 'not right' and 'illogical'
- 5 Grand Pier's future uncertain as Weston enters tier 3
- 6 Weston-super-Mare duo sentenced for drug offences
- 7 Football stadium set for coronavirus vaccination hub
- 8 Cash and necklaces stolen in Weston-super-Mare burglary
- 9 Temporary traffic lights set to be installed in main road for three weeks
- 10 North Somerset could join WECA - but faces a four-year wait
Captain Mike Harding awarded the man of the match to Mike Norton for his great display in both the singles and pairs.