A great introduction to sea fishing
- Credit: Archant
Victoria Izzard caught a cod on her first-ever sea fishing attempt.
Victoria Izzard caught this superb spring cod on her first-ever sea fishing adventure.
Vicky from Axbridge, has been wanting to start fishing for some time, inspired by her boss Nicky Frewin, who is an England ladies international sea angler.
She finally got her chance when Nicky’s coach John Lintern of Weston Sea Angling Association agreed to start showing her the ropes with some basic fishing techniques.
The fishing kicked off two hours before high water on the seafront at Weston and it was on the flooding tide when the cod fell for Victoria’s juicy Lugworm bait. After a short battle, Vicky beached her prize.
You may also want to watch:
Vicky works as a chef in the Almshouse Cafe in Axbridge and could not wait to get home and cook the fish for her husband.
Report and photos courtesy of James T Madsen www.bristolchannelfishing.com
- 1 Coronavirus cases in North Somerset at highest ever daily rate
- 2 Hundreds of children told to isolate after eight schools confirm coronavirus cases
- 3 Local Plan proposals for development in North Somerset
- 4 Cancer specialist offers tips on mental wellbeing during lockdown
- 5 Appeal after brick thrown through window in Weston
- 6 North Somerset could be placed in higher tier after national lockdown ends
- 7 County council chairman urged to resign over 'slip of the tongue' comment about gypsies
- 8 Weston General Hospital increases patient-to-nurse ratio due to rising coronavirus patient numbers
- 9 Football association charges club and players following investigation after abandoned match
- 10 175th anniversary of Weston Cricket Club book by Roger Webber to shortly be released