A race of two halves for December’s prom run
A strong wind down the seafront made it a tough challenge for runners who took on Weston Athletic Club’s December prom run.
A FIERCE southerly wind and driving rain provided an added challenge for the 245 runners who took on December’s Weston Athletic Club prom run.
The out-leg down to Royal Sands was a true battle against the elements, but the return northwards provided a welcome tail-wind to help speed runners to the finish.
First Weston male to finish and third overall was Dominic Taylor-Jones in 28.20. Kieron Summers was the second club male to cross the line in 29.18, followed by Matt Huxtable in 29.34.
The club females were also running strongly, despite the conditions and Phil Richards sailed home in 32.16. Cheryl Valentine was next in 35.55 and Nia Davies was third Weston woman in 38.44.
You may also want to watch:
The next prom run, the fifth in the series, starts at 7.30pm on January 23, with registration beforehand in the Pavilion Bar, Knightstone Road.
The club also welcomes junior runners to take part in the free one-mile run starting at 6.45pm, before each of the main prom runs. The minimum age for entry to the race is seven.
- 1 CNM Estates purchase Birnbeck Pier with new company
- 2 Thatchers search online for cidermakers
- 3 Villagers object to 'totally inappropriate' housing proposal
- 4 More than 100 rough sleepers supported during pandemic in North Somerset
- 5 Worle opticians wins award
- 6 Pharmacy near Weston begins Covid vaccinations
- 7 Man charged in connection with county lines drug dealing in Weston
- 8 Second rapid testing centre unveiled in Weston
- 9 Weston accountant sees business thrive during lockdowns
- 10 Cardiff City recall James Waite from loan spell with Weston
The club’s next event is the New Year’s Day Hangover 10k in Kewstoke. Entry information and dates for all the club’s future events are available from www.westonac.co.uk