Academy cup progress
Callum Ham inspires Weston Under-19s to victory over Mangotsfield.
WESTON U-19s 3
MANGOTSFIELD UTD U-19s 1
WESTON’S Academy squad advanced to the next round of the FA Youth Cup with this victory over Mangotsfield,
Callum Ham opened the scoring for Weston on eight minutes when he clashed with Mangotsfield’s keeper Kane Manning with the ball on the ground and as both players kicked the ball, it spun into the empty net.
You may also want to watch:
Weston scored again on 29 minutes when Ham, whose speed and trickery caused problems for the defence, crossed for Ash Brewer to beat Manning with a superb lob from just outside the penalty area.
Ham had a hand in Weston’s third goal on 41 minutes when he crossed for Ernest Gorka to score in a scramble.
- 1 Local Plan proposals for development in North Somerset
- 2 Hundreds of children told to isolate after eight schools confirm coronavirus cases
- 3 'Suspicious' fire damages caravan outside Weston home
- 4 Sharp rise in coronavirus cases in over 60s
- 5 Police release CCTV image of man wanted in connection with GBH in Weston
- 6 Coronavirus cases in North Somerset at highest ever daily rate
- 7 Appeal after brick thrown through window in Weston
- 8 Weston fundraiser donates hundreds to hospital for saving his life
- 9 Pubs running takeaway and collections during lockdown
- 10 Two charged with burglary and fraud
Mangotsfield created several great chances, using the pace of Louis Ross and Jack Winter, but were let down by a combination of some superb goalkeeping by Weston’s Dan Jackson and poor finishing.
However, the visitors grabbed a consolation on 90 minutes through Jake Slocombe in a scramble.