Academy cup progress
Callum Ham inspires Weston Under-19s to victory over Mangotsfield.
WESTON U-19s 3
MANGOTSFIELD UTD U-19s 1
WESTON’S Academy squad advanced to the next round of the FA Youth Cup with this victory over Mangotsfield,
Callum Ham opened the scoring for Weston on eight minutes when he clashed with Mangotsfield’s keeper Kane Manning with the ball on the ground and as both players kicked the ball, it spun into the empty net.
You may also want to watch:
Weston scored again on 29 minutes when Ham, whose speed and trickery caused problems for the defence, crossed for Ash Brewer to beat Manning with a superb lob from just outside the penalty area.
Ham had a hand in Weston’s third goal on 41 minutes when he crossed for Ernest Gorka to score in a scramble.
- 1 Man charged with rape and sexual assaults
- 2 Man suffers head injuries in Weston robbery
- 3 Mini tornado does damage in Weston
- 4 Rapid Covid testing service goes mobile to reach more people across North Somerset
- 5 Banwell traffic will soon be 'a thing of the past'
- 6 Weston pub launches eating challenge to win £100 bar tab
- 7 Tributes pour in for ‘dedicated family man’ who died in mountain fall
- 8 Huge six-bedroom house with flat on Weston seafront
- 9 Jobs boom as Weston firm looks to expand
- 10 What can I do when Covid lockdown eases on May 17?
Mangotsfield created several great chances, using the pace of Louis Ross and Jack Winter, but were let down by a combination of some superb goalkeeping by Weston’s Dan Jackson and poor finishing.
However, the visitors grabbed a consolation on 90 minutes through Jake Slocombe in a scramble.