Hutton Aces win Bristol Youth League Cup after beating Portishead Colts
- Credit: Archant
Hutton Aces under-13s secured the double as they came from behind to beat Portishead Colts in a rearranged Bristol Youth League Cup Final.
Having won the league title with an unbeaten record before Covid-19 restrictions hit, Hutton were aiming to add more silverware.
But Portishead started strongly and played the better football in the first half, fully deserving their 1-0 lead.
Hutton upped their game all round to dominate possession in the second half and it came as no surprise when they forced an equaliser from a corner as Adam Rowe pounced on a loose ball in the box.
Hutton’s winner again came from a corner when Noah Denis’ fine inswinger was crashed home on the volley by Leon Beard.
You may also want to watch:
Portishead just missed out on a late equaliser, as a long range shot rebounded off the crossbar and post before being cleared to safety.
But Hutton’s rearguard, led by keeper Theo Lockyer, Billy Avery, Harry Cekaj and Archie Till, stood firm to close out a memorable win.
- 1 Coronavirus cases in North Somerset at highest ever daily rate
- 2 Mike Fletcher: Former Weston Cricket and Rugby legend passes away
- 3 Weston homeless charity announces new location to help vulnerable people during winter
- 4 North Somerset to move into tier 3 after end of nationwide lockdown
- 5 North Somerset online choir to bring Christmas cheer
- 6 Winscombe show home crowned best in South West
- 7 Businessman launches two-in-one facemasks in support of MIND charity
- 8 MPs brand placing North Somerset into tier 3 restrictions 'not right' and 'illogical'
- 9 Grand Pier's future uncertain as Weston enters tier 3
- 10 Weston-super-Mare duo sentenced for drug offences