Adam captures world title
MARTIAL ARTS - WAMA, a kickboxing club based at the Health Club in Clevedon, had great results at the WUMA world open series held in Worcester.
WAMA, a kickboxing club based at the Health Club in Clevedon, had great results at the WUMA world open series held in Worcester.
Adam Read, having trained hard all year and entering and being successful at other tournaments held throughout the year, earned a well deserved place in 95kg light continuous section.. His experienced Polish opponent, weighing in at the full 95kg and also having a height and reach advantage, made things difficult for the Clevedon fighter.
Read showed excellent discipline and composure throughout his fight as his opponent rained a heavy barrage of punches and kicks. He had to dig deep and showed he also had some excellent kicking and punching combinations under his belt in the end, out-boxing and kicking his opponent. This was an excellent test for Read who showed he has the potential to become a great fighter, in the end winning over his opponent and taking the world title in his section.
Instructor of the Clevedon club Ian Simpson is proud of Adam's result and is looking forward to seeing more from the local fighter next year. Also obtaining a terrific result was Gemma Baker who trains with the Clevedon and Weston club.
You may also want to watch:
Baker achieved two second places in the 60kg light continuous and full contact sections. Gemma recently gained a silver medal in the ISKA full contact world championships held in Italy, a great achievement. Mark Small gained third place in his section.
The Clevedon Kickboxing Club holds training for adults on Friday evenings from 7pm. For more information contact Ian on 07973 347617 or contact the Health Club at Alexandra Road, Clevedon, direct on 01275 340011.
- 1 New school welcomes its first pupils
- 2 New restaurant named Hospitality Hero by Mercury readers
- 3 Poignant artwork installed on Weston beach
- 4 PICTURES: New Aldi store opens in shopping district
- 5 Changes to bus services in Weston
- 6 FA Cup: Weston AFC cruise past Taunton Town to reach third qualifying round
- 7 Weston chosen as a ‘priority place’ in bid to transform the country through culture
- 8 Pub nominated for pub of the year in national awards
- 9 Number of homes in major development could be reduced as amended plans submitted
- 10 Luxurious three-bedroom house overlooking Weston seafront