Age category placings for Weston runners
- Credit: Getty Images/iStockphoto
Fourteen Weston Athletic Club members took part in the final race of the Town and Country Harriers’ summer series.
FOURTEEN runners from Weston Athletic Club travelled to Bristol to take on the final race of the season in the Town and Country Harriers’ summer series.
The Purdown Pursuit features 10k of off-road undulating terrain around the Stoke Park estate.
Nick Briffitt was the club’s first runner to complete the course in 42.22, with Marc Molloy following close behind in 42.46 and both also placed in their age categories. Guy Bradford took the club’s third spot in 44.57.
Michelle Fryer was the club’s first female to cross the line in 54.07, also earning herself an age category position. Mary Nutley came next in 1.05.38.
You may also want to watch:
Adrian Noble and John Hinchliffe were placed second and third respectively in their age categories.
Three of the club’s members journeyed to Dorset to run the Sturminster Newton half marathon. Tricia Bailey-Horler, competing at the distance for the first time, returned an impressive result, finishing in 2.03.59.
- 1 Virus 'ripping through' Weston care homes
- 2 Dog falls off side of Brean Down
- 3 Attempted robbery prompts police appeal
- 4 Council says it is aware of rat problem in Weston
- 5 Teenager charged with dangerous driving following collision which injured three people
- 6 Council reveals cost for new primary school
- 7 Council tax set to rise in North Somerset
- 8 Chef with Michelin star experience shares 'ultimate winters seafood' recipe
- 9 Secondary school to expand to allow 900 more pupils
- 10 School producing science champions
She was hotly pursued by Jo Coveney in 2.04.45, who gained a new personal best for the distance, and Jim Wotton just a second behind.
Entry is now open for the five-mile Weston prom run series. Runners can enter all nine races, or individual ones if they prefer.
For more information about this and the club’s other races, as well as becoming a member, visit www.westonac.co.uk