AKA Angels progress to the finals
Weston ladies team AKA Angels have booked their place in this year’s Blackthorn British Skittles Championship finals.
WESTON ladies team AKA Angels have booked their place in this year’s Blackthorn British Skittles Championship finals after a tough qualifying campaign which involved playing teams from Gloucester and Paulton in Somerset.
The campaign started with a match against Gloucester team, the Gloster Belles at the Angels home alley at the Working Men’s Club in Orchard Street, but they lost by six pins in a below par performance.
The return was played at the Belles home alley. The Angels found it difficult to cope with the Belles alley and suffered a narrow defeat leaving them in danger of getting eliminated from the competition.
A must win game away at the home alley of the Glumettes at the Purnell Sports Club, Paulton.
You may also want to watch:
In a tight game which went right down to the last hand, the Angels just edged it, thanks to Ruth Middle who held her nerve and got the pins needed with the last ball.
The Angels form improved and they won their last game at home against the Glumettes comfortably, ensuring qualification for the grand finals as runner-up of the group.
- 1 Attempted robbery prompts police appeal
- 2 Council tax set to rise in North Somerset
- 3 Teenager charged with dangerous driving following collision which injured three people
- 4 Cosmetics company creates candle to raise cash for Weston Hospicecare
- 5 Weston Hospicecare postpones Men's March due to possible lockdown extension
- 6 Community shop seeks new manager
- 7 Rapid coronavirus tests offered to people in North Somerset
- 8 Schools advised not to use mass testing as an alternative to isolation
- 9 Council seeks photographer for heritage project
- 10 Vacant care home to be transformed into seafront flats
This is the seventh time in a row in the Angels have qualified for the finals. The last two years they reached the semi-final and quarter-finals respectively.
The finals are to be held in the Rivera Conference Centre, Torquay on September 30.