Alan wins in the sunshine
- Credit: Archant
Alan Healey won the penultimate round of the Shiplate Farm Winter Series.
THE penultimate round of the Shiplate Farm Winter Series was held in glorious sunshine and calmer conditions.
With Tim Lewis and Paul Chapman unable to fish, their places were filled by Ron Stark and Roy Ede to keep the pegging even.
Alan Healey drew peg nine on the Hawthorns and fished the pole shallow to the far bank and margin using maggot and feeding maggot and pellet. This gave him the win by 5ozs, over Steve Howell who fished to his left.
Results: Alan Healey (PSV) p9H, 52lb 4oz; 2nd Steve Howell (Shiplate) p7H 51lb 8oz; Russ Peck (Thatchers) p15W, 32lb 1oz; Dean Malin (Dynamite Shimano) p12W, 28lb 1oz; Dave Cockayne (Shiplate) p13W, 25lb 8oz; Tom Light (Shiplate) p11H, 24lb 12oz. Silvers went to Julian Pinkett (Bristol PO) p15H, 13lb 8oz.
You may also want to watch:
Clevedon AC held a match on the same day on the Main Lake – results: Andy Hembrow (p1), 63lb 6oz; Lee Williams (p15), 30lb 6oz; Mark Bromsgrove (p8), 29lb 6oz. Silvers went to Rob Wooton (p4), 18lb 8oz.
- 1 MPs brand placing North Somerset into tier 3 restrictions 'not right' and 'illogical'
- 2 Weston-super-Mare duo sentenced for drug offences
- 3 Weston homeless charity announces new location to help vulnerable people during winter
- 4 North Somerset to move into tier 3 after end of nationwide lockdown
- 5 Businessman launches two-in-one facemasks in support of MIND charity
- 6 Coronavirus cases in North Somerset at highest ever daily rate
- 7 Mike Fletcher: Former Weston Cricket and Rugby legend passes away
- 8 New leadership team for charity
- 9 Appeal after brick thrown through window in Weston
- 10 Football association charges club and players following investigation after abandoned match