Alice is masters champion at Cheddar
- Credit: Archant
Cheddar Sailing member Alice Allen won the Enterprise Masters Championships at Cheddar Reservoir.
CHEDDAR Sailing hosted the prestigious Enterprise Masters Championship for sailors of Enterprise Dinghies aged 40 and over at Cheddar Reservoir.
Thirty-three sets of blue sails graced the water for a tough schedule of seven race. Competitors travelled from as far afield as Yorkshire, Lancashire, Wales and Cornwall.
A northerly force three to four wind created difficult conditions and were not steady as the wind found its way through Cheddar Gorge and channelled across the reservoir, giving race officer Arky Wainwright a challenge and the competitors a chance for some buoyancy testing as many of the capsized into the cold water.
Cheddar Sailing’s Alice Allen, crewed by Sharky Massey, was crowned ladies’ champion. Tim Sadler and Richard Sault from Yorkshire Dales SC, with Mark Lunn and Steve Blackburn from West Lancs SC were second on 20 points and Ges Brown and Julie Moore from Chester in third on 28 points.
You may also want to watch:
First of the 10 home boats was Alice and Sharky, ahead of Gavin Willis and Phil Bush, Ian Wakeling and Jimmy Millar.
The sailors enjoyed an excellent masters dinner cooked and served by volunteer members of Cheddar Sailing.
- 1 Coronavirus cases in North Somerset at highest ever daily rate
- 2 Appeal after brick thrown through window in Weston
- 3 Mike Fletcher: Former Weston Cricket and Rugby legend passes away
- 4 Weston homeless charity announces new location to help vulnerable people during winter
- 5 Football association charges club and players following investigation after abandoned match
- 6 New leadership team for charity
- 7 North Somerset to move into tier 3 after end of nationwide lockdown
- 8 Businessman launches two-in-one facemasks in support of MIND charity
- 9 MPs brand placing North Somerset into tier 3 restrictions 'not right' and 'illogical'
- 10 Weston-super-Mare duo sentenced for drug offences
Ant Clay, who was fourth overall said: “The organisation on and off the water was great and the racing was fantastic.”
Lady champion Alice Allen added “It was a fantastic weekend’s sailing, well done to everyone who battled it out, literally, with the unpredictable weather. Also,thanks to Arky for great race officer duties.”