All-rounder stars for Winscombe
Winscombe defeated fellow strugglers Frome by seven wickets, thanks to a fine all-round display by Zain Patel.
WINSCOMBE travelled to fellow strugglers Frome, who included Rajasthan Royals star Aditya Dole in their line-up.
In a game reduced to 31 overs, Winscombe opening bowler Chris Clough producing an in-swinging yorker to dismiss Mark Dredge. Ben Goodrum bowled well and deserved his wicket, trapping David Dredge lbw to finish with 1-28.
However, it was Matt Lunn and Zain Patel who stemmed the flow of Frome runs. Lunn finished with figures of 1-41 from his nine overs, but Patel was outstanding, collecting another five-wicket haul for 41 runs in his nine overs.
Paul Sanger batted well for his 62 and Sam Wheeler scored 37 not out as they took Frome to a respectable 161-8 in their 31 overs.
You may also want to watch:
Winscombe started brightly on their way to the target, with openers Patel and Paul Bird keeping the board ticking against Dole and Wheeler. Patel decided to accelerate and struck a succession of sweet shots, including 11 fours and a six, before holing out for 64 from only 43 balls.
Jory Cureton and Bird rebuilt well before Cureton caught and Bird was lbw for 34. Lunn and Jack Fraser then guided the visitors home with overs to spare to register their first win of the season.
- 1 Attempted robbery prompts police appeal
- 2 Council tax set to rise in North Somerset
- 3 Teenager charged with dangerous driving following collision which injured three people
- 4 Weston Hospicecare postpones Men's March due to possible lockdown extension
- 5 Cosmetics company creates candle to raise cash for Weston Hospicecare
- 6 Community shop seeks new manager
- 7 Rapid coronavirus tests offered to people in North Somerset
- 8 Schools advised not to use mass testing as an alternative to isolation
- 9 Council seeks photographer for heritage project
- 10 Vacant care home to be transformed into seafront flats
David Dredge claimed three Winscombe wickets in his spell of 3-34.