Andrew qualifies for club cap
- Credit: Archant
Weston econd rower Andrew Glen reached a personal milestone when he made his 200th first team appearance against Old Patesians.
WESTON second rower Andrew Glen reached a personal milestone when he made his 200th first team appearance last Saturday in the home match against Old Patesians to qualify for his club cap.
Glen, aged 32, was born in Weston and was educated at Worle Comprehensive School and Bridgwater College.
He started his club career in the Seasiders Under-7 mini squad and progressed through the age groups before making his senior debut at Torquay in April 1999.
From 2000 onwards he became a regular in the team, but various injuries which started in 2005/6 curtailed his progress and he eventually underwent back surgery before resuming his career in 2009/10. He has scored 20 tries.
You may also want to watch:
While with the club’s colts he played for Somerset and has appeared for the senior team in the County Championship.
His cap will be presented to him at the club’s annual dinner in May.
- 1 Attempted robbery prompts police appeal
- 2 Council tax set to rise in North Somerset
- 3 Cosmetics company creates candle to raise cash for Weston Hospicecare
- 4 New scheme to monitor high-risk Covid patients at home will 'save lives'
- 5 Rapid coronavirus tests offered to people in North Somerset
- 6 Weston Hospicecare postpones Men's March due to possible lockdown extension
- 7 Community shop seeks new manager
- 8 Contemporary living in a pretty North Somerset village
- 9 Alliance Homes to deliver 40 affordable properties on Somerset housing development
- 10 Vacant care home to be transformed into seafront flats