Andy appointed captain at Banwell & Churchill
Andy Brooks is the new 1st XI captain at Banwell & Churchill for the coming season.
Banwell and Churchill Cricket Club recently held both their annual dinner and meeting.
At the dinner, player of the season presentations were made. The 1st XI award went to Andy Brooks and to Mike Pye for the seconds. It was reported that both league teams had finished near the top of their respective divisions last season.
At the meeting, Andy Brooks was appointed captain of the 1st XI for the coming season and Jon Fowle for the 2nd XI with Dave Quick in charge of the Sunday side.
It was stated that improvements to the facilities both on and off the field of play had continued and that a patio in front of the pavilion would be in place for the start of the season.
You may also want to watch:
The club will be fielding junior teams at Under-15 and Under-11 this summer and would like to hear from any youngsters wishing to play for this vibrant club as they would from anyone wishing to play either Saturday League cricket or Sunday friendlies. The contact number is 01934 832320.
Nets start on March 6 from 4-6pm at the Hans Price Academy and continue through April 3. Again new players would be most welcome to attend.
- 1 New leadership team for charity
- 2 Sewage emissions report reveals Weston affected by at least 93 sewage spills in the past year
- 3 North Somerset to move into tier 3 after end of nationwide lockdown
- 4 MPs brand placing North Somerset into tier 3 restrictions 'not right' and 'illogical'
- 5 Grand Pier's future uncertain as Weston enters tier 3
- 6 Weston-super-Mare duo sentenced for drug offences
- 7 Football stadium set for coronavirus vaccination hub
- 8 Cash and necklaces stolen in Weston-super-Mare burglary
- 9 Temporary traffic lights set to be installed in main road for three weeks
- 10 North Somerset could join WECA - but faces a four-year wait
April 10 sees the club holding its seven-a-side competition with both Saturday and Sunday fixtures starting on the weekend of April 23-24.
A quiz evening is being held on March 11 at 7.30pm in the Churchill Memorial Hall and the successful race night will be held later on in season for a third time on July 8.