Andy wins open match at Shiplate
- Credit: Archant
Andy France won the latest open match held at Shiplate Farm fisheries.
THE Shiplate Farm open match saw 10 anglers compete for first prize on the Main Lake.
The weather was chilly but dry and had escaped an overnight frost. The top four anglers all weighed in with a little over eight pounds between them.
Fishing the pole with maggot and soft pellet, and feeding groundbait, Andy France weighed in 29lb 4oz from peg six, closely follwed by Dean Malin on peg one with 27lb 9oz. Silvers went to Dave Cockayne on peg 14, 21lb 1oz.
Results: Andy France (Cadbury Angling) peg 6, 29lb 4oz; Dean Malin (Shimano Dynamite Baits) peg 1, 27lb 9oz; Dom Sullivan (Maver Cadbury) peg 12, 26lb 10oz; Dave Cockayne peg 14, (Shiplate) 21lb 1oz.
You may also want to watch:
Frys held a match on the Hawthorns and Westpool giving Pete Sivell first place with 48lb 8oz from peg H13, followed by Merv Sivell (peg H10), 36lb 11oz, Paul Chapman came third on peg W13 with 29lb 4oz. Gordon Jones won the silvers from peg W11, 5lb 6oz.
- 1 New restaurant named Hospitality Hero by Mercury readers
- 2 Poignant artwork installed on Weston beach
- 3 PICTURES: New Aldi store opens in shopping district
- 4 End of busy summer with more events to look forward to
- 5 Luxurious three-bedroom house overlooking Weston seafront
- 6 FA Cup: Weston AFC cruise past Taunton Town to reach third qualifying round
- 7 Weston chosen as a ‘priority place’ in bid to transform the country through culture
- 8 Second school site gets approval despite opposition
- 9 Proposal for 96 new homes in Cheddar
- 10 CCTV appeal after man seriously assaulted in Weston