Anglers brave icy conditions
SEA ANGLING - FORTY-ONE anglers, including ladies and six juniors, braved an icy north east wind, to fish in Weston Sea Angling Association s annual Christmas open on the town beach.
FORTY-ONE anglers, including ladies and six juniors, braved an icy north east wind, to fish in Weston Sea Angling Association's annual Christmas open on the town beach.
There were fish aplenty, including flounders, rockling, codling and whiting, though those making qualifying weight were mainly rockling with a few good flounders. Eighteen anglers weighed in, of which, five were juniors.
Phytos Yianni was top with one flounder and two rockling for 1lb 10oz. Second was Kevin Daley with a flounder of 1lb 6oz and Neil Apperley came third with a 12.5 oz flounder. They took home massive hampers.
Highest Junior was Sam Fieldhouse of WSMSAA,with three rockling, who won a rod. Kevin Daley took �35 from the optional best flatfish pool, and Dick Hooper had �35 from the optional best round fish pool with a 2.75 oz rockling.
You may also want to watch:
Thanks to all who fished and helped, and The Royal Hotel, whose delicious soup was most appreciated.
Next Saturday is the WSMSAA, the members' Christmas event. Refreshments at the clubhouse. Prizes to be won. Fishing 6.30-9.30pm. Spouses and accompanied juniors welcome. Deciders for Weekend League; Retired League; also Juniors versus Seniors match.
- 1 Rapid coronavirus tests offered to people in North Somerset
- 2 More support needed from Government for pubs to survive
- 3 Contemporary living in a pretty North Somerset village
- 4 Pump track project appeals for further community support
- 5 Restaurant donates meals to key workers, teachers and pupils
- 6 New hope in third lockdown due to vaccine
- 7 Council seeks photographer for heritage project
- 8 Families urged to access free school meals in lockdown
- 9 Alliance Homes to deliver 40 affordable properties on Somerset housing development
- 10 Family fundraising to create care packages for NHS nursing staff looking after their daughter
New members welcome. Come along or phone Nigel on 01934 511459.
WSMSAA wishes to thank all who supported sea angling during, those who attended their events and, in particular, generous sponsors of the club's junior open, lifeboat open and junior league.