Anglers suffer in the heat
- Credit: Archant
Anglers suffered in the heat at an open match at Shiplate Farm.
AN open match on the Westpool at Shiplate Farm Fisheries in hot weather produced good results, despite the uncomfortably sticky day.
The water temperature had risen quite a lot in the last few days, making the fish picky feeders.
Local angler Andy France fished the pole to the far bank fishing meat and 8m pellet shallow, while feeding 6m pellet, ending the day with the top weight of 67lb 15oz on peg 11.
Results: Andy France (Cadbury/Maver) p11, 67lb 15oz; Russ Peck (Thatchers Tackle) p7, 59lb; Dom Sullivan (Cadbury/Maver) p13, 56lb 12oz; Steve Howell (Shiplate) p2, 53lb 14oz; Tich Williams (Thyers Tackle) p6, 31lb 12oz.
You may also want to watch:
Silvers went to Carl Hobden (Shiplate) p4, 20lb 8oz.
- 1 Gates to be replaced as work continues to reopen Marine Lake
- 2 Man left with 'significant facial injury' following assault in Weston
- 3 Weston's four-day Oktoberfest to begin next week
- 4 Disruption to school transport due to driver shortage
- 5 Council issues advice after collapse of energy companies
- 6 Family-run business opens new tile and paving showroom
- 7 North Somerset runners get ready for London Marathon
- 8 People encouraged to have Covid booster to protect them from virus
- 9 Changes to bus services in Weston
- 10 Home Bargains store opens after £1million investment