Anglers suffer in the heat
- Credit: Archant
Anglers suffered in the heat at an open match at Shiplate Farm.
AN open match on the Westpool at Shiplate Farm Fisheries in hot weather produced good results, despite the uncomfortably sticky day.
The water temperature had risen quite a lot in the last few days, making the fish picky feeders.
Local angler Andy France fished the pole to the far bank fishing meat and 8m pellet shallow, while feeding 6m pellet, ending the day with the top weight of 67lb 15oz on peg 11.
Results: Andy France (Cadbury/Maver) p11, 67lb 15oz; Russ Peck (Thatchers Tackle) p7, 59lb; Dom Sullivan (Cadbury/Maver) p13, 56lb 12oz; Steve Howell (Shiplate) p2, 53lb 14oz; Tich Williams (Thyers Tackle) p6, 31lb 12oz.
You may also want to watch:
Silvers went to Carl Hobden (Shiplate) p4, 20lb 8oz.
- 1 Coronavirus cases in North Somerset at highest ever daily rate
- 2 Sharp rise in coronavirus cases in over 60s
- 3 Weston homeless charity announces new location to help vulnerable people during winter
- 4 Sewage emissions report reveals Weston affected by at least 93 sewage spills in the past year
- 5 North Somerset to move into tier 3 after end of nationwide lockdown
- 6 North Somerset online choir to bring Christmas cheer
- 7 Businessman launches two-in-one facemasks in support of MIND charity
- 8 MPs brand placing North Somerset into tier 3 restrictions 'not right' and 'illogical'
- 9 Grand Pier's future uncertain as Weston enters tier 3
- 10 Weston-super-Mare duo sentenced for drug offences