Animals enjoy success at Poole
- Credit: Archant
The Axbridge Animals enjoyed another successful event, this time at Poole Harbour.
THIRTEEN youngsters from Cheddar’s Axbridge Animals Team 15 junior windsurfing squad travelled to Poole Harbour for the third event in the Team 15 South region inter-club competition.
Forty sailors from four clubs (Academy Allstars, Axbridge Animals, Queen Mary’s and Calshot Flyers) raced across four fleets; 3.5m, 4.5m, 5.8m and 6.8m, with the more experienced sailors were thrilled to have a steady 12-15 knots of wind throughout the day.
New racers, Ashleigh Starr, Charlotte Rodgers and Guy Owen found the wind more difficult to deal with, but rose to the challenge and managed to complete every race and even kept a smile on their faces.
The Animals managed to secure several podium places. Zoe Bassett from Cheltenham, was third in the 4.5 fleet, with Danny Stewart from Backwell being awarded the Techno Award.
You may also want to watch:
Libby Rodgers, who lives in Clevedon, remained unbeaten after three events in the 5.8 fleet and finished first overall. Elise Campbell from Langford, managed to secure second place.
Competition was tight in the 6.8 fleet - Mollie Densley Robins from Bristol, sailed brilliantly and managed to secure first place, while Josh Hunt, from Weare, was third.
- 1 Local Plan proposals for development in North Somerset
- 2 Coronavirus cases in North Somerset at highest ever daily rate
- 3 Hundreds of children told to isolate after eight schools confirm coronavirus cases
- 4 Police release CCTV image of man wanted in connection with GBH in Weston
- 5 Appeal after brick thrown through window in Weston
- 6 'Suspicious' fire damages caravan outside Weston home
- 7 Sharp rise in coronavirus cases in over 60s
- 8 Weston fundraiser donates hundreds to hospital for saving his life
- 9 Two charged with burglary and fraud
- 10 Pubs running takeaway and collections during lockdown
The Animals are looking forward to the final event of the series, again at Poole Harbour, on August 16.