Banwell and Churchill Cricket Club recently held their annual awards evening.
BANWELL and Churchill Cricket Club held their annual awards evening and prizes were presented for last season’s performances.
Awards - best 1st XI batsman: Mark Biggs; runner-up: Dave Pye. 1st XI bowler: John Biggs; Dom Bush. 1st XI fielder: Chris Langley; Dan Borrett.
2nd XI batsman: Mike Legg; Tom Woodey. Bowler: Rob Salter; Mike Pye. Fielder: Sam Gilbody; Luke Flanagan. Best Under-20 player: Tom Woodey.
It was reported during the evening both league teams had gained promotion from their divisions in the Somerset League. The well-attended gathering were also told new pitch covers and sightscreens had been purchased and will be used from the start of the season.
You may also want to watch:
In addition, it is hoped the work of installing showers and toilets in the pavilion will be complete by the end of April.
The club is keen to recruit new players of all ages and ability to play in either of their league teams, Sunday side or youth team.
- 1 Changes to bus services in Weston
- 2 Home Bargains store opens after £1million investment
- 3 Luxurious three-bedroom house overlooking Weston seafront
- 4 Pub nominated for pub of the year in national awards
- 5 Pupil awarded new bike for attending every lesson
- 6 Pet store to relocate to new unit
- 7 Plan to build £30million second school site approved
- 8 Weston celebrates Great Big Green Week
- 9 Plans for 60 homes in village rejected after 800 objections
- 10 Weston mum thanks community after Afghan refugee donation
New and existing players are invited to attend net practice sessions at the Kings of Wessex Sports Centre on Saturday afternoons between 2.30-3.30pm.
For more information about the club, please call 01934 832320 or visit the club’s website: www.banwellandchurchillcc.co.uk