Banwell and Churchill Cricket Club recently held their annual awards evening.
BANWELL and Churchill Cricket Club held their annual awards evening and prizes were presented for last season’s performances.
Awards - best 1st XI batsman: Mark Biggs; runner-up: Dave Pye. 1st XI bowler: John Biggs; Dom Bush. 1st XI fielder: Chris Langley; Dan Borrett.
2nd XI batsman: Mike Legg; Tom Woodey. Bowler: Rob Salter; Mike Pye. Fielder: Sam Gilbody; Luke Flanagan. Best Under-20 player: Tom Woodey.
It was reported during the evening both league teams had gained promotion from their divisions in the Somerset League. The well-attended gathering were also told new pitch covers and sightscreens had been purchased and will be used from the start of the season.
You may also want to watch:
In addition, it is hoped the work of installing showers and toilets in the pavilion will be complete by the end of April.
The club is keen to recruit new players of all ages and ability to play in either of their league teams, Sunday side or youth team.
- 1 Coronavirus cases in North Somerset at highest ever daily rate
- 2 Appeal after brick thrown through window in Weston
- 3 Mike Fletcher: Former Weston Cricket and Rugby legend passes away
- 4 Weston homeless charity announces new location to help vulnerable people during winter
- 5 Football association charges club and players following investigation after abandoned match
- 6 New leadership team for charity
- 7 North Somerset to move into tier 3 after end of nationwide lockdown
- 8 Businessman launches two-in-one facemasks in support of MIND charity
- 9 MPs brand placing North Somerset into tier 3 restrictions 'not right' and 'illogical'
- 10 Weston-super-Mare duo sentenced for drug offences
New and existing players are invited to attend net practice sessions at the Kings of Wessex Sports Centre on Saturday afternoons between 2.30-3.30pm.
For more information about the club, please call 01934 832320 or visit the club’s website: www.banwellandchurchillcc.co.uk