Annual awards evening at the Campus
Splitz Gymnastics Club held its annual awards evening in the Campus, with over 200 people packed into the venue.
SPLITZ Gymnastics Club held its annual awards evening, with over 200 people packed in the Campus for an evening of displays by all the gymnasts of the club.
The younger gymnasts enjoyed watching the competition squad perform their medal-winning routines as well as acrobatics and tumbling.
Following the displays, trophies were given out to the following gymnasts - attendance: Lauren Whiting, Lea Aspinal, Laura Robertson, Fleur Denis, Jessica Edwards.
Most improved: Ruby Johnson, Millie Mann, Lacy Jones, Rea Cooper, Sam Calcut, Abbie Cross, Daisy Hooper. Best newcomer: Kelly Jones, Jay, Gem Camball, Elana Titcombe, Mia Crocker, Olympia Worrall.
You may also want to watch:
Special achievements: Libby Bunker, Kayleigh Down, Beth Macleod, Alishia Hodgets, Leanne Chubb, Charlotte Grice, Sarah Rogerson, Chili Harling, Kerrin Hawkings, Jamie Lugton, Lennon Coles.
Services to the club: Emily Fairchild, Eleanor Robertson, Kerrin Hawings, Emily Hodder, Kirsty King, Katrina Titcombe, Carmen Benham, Georgia Sheepwash, Shelley Dudley, Jan Fairchild, Serena Robertson, Jo Hodder. Headley Palmer Memoria Trophy: Adam Moss.
- 1 Man suffers head injuries in Weston robbery
- 2 Banwell traffic will soon be 'a thing of the past'
- 3 May 17: Which pubs are reopening across Weston?
- 4 May 17: Village café and sustainable shop to reopen
- 5 Mini tornado does damage in Weston
- 6 Weston project transforming household waste into planters to attract wildlife
- 7 Huge six-bedroom house with flat on Weston seafront
- 8 Council urges people to respect open spaces after rise in littering and vandalism
- 9 Weston shopfront restored to its former glory
- 10 Newspapers often enjoyed grand town centre premises as befitted the self-important Fourth Estate.
Gymnast of the year was Eleanor Robertson. She has been in the club for many years and this year has trained hard to overcome her fears towards new moves and progress to the next level of tumbling. She is an excellent role model to all gymnasts.
Elleanor Atwell, another gymnast of the year is a good example of progression through the club. She started in general gym before moving to advanced and after a lot of hard work moved into the competition squad.
If you would like to book your child to join gymnastics in September, contact 07900 856129 or visit the website www.splitzgymclub.co.uk