Annual presentation at Wedmore
- Credit: Archant
Isle of Wedmore Bowls Club held their presentation dinner and prizegiving at Wedmore Golf Club,
ISLE of Wedmore Bowls Club recently held their annual presentation dinner at Wedmore Golf Club.
The winners of various trophies and cups were presented with their prizes by club president Brendon Cottrell.
Back on the indoor rinks, the men played a county league match away to North Petherton. This was a very closely-fought fixture and Wedmore were unlucky to lose narrowly on both rinks.
Dave Nicholls led his side to win 12 of 21 ends, were never behind and went into the last end leading 20 shots to 15. Unfortunately for them, the hosts scored six shots to win the match by one shot.
You may also want to watch:
In a low scoring game on the other rink, skipper Roy Thurkettle also led his team to win 12 ends, having been 5-9 down by end 12. At end 20, it was 12-15 and while Wedmore took the last end by one shot, they fell just short.
Wedmore 33, North Petherton 36: A Birch, S Newdick, R Barron, D Nicholls 20-21; J Runciman, T Counsell, T Brown, R Thurkettle 13-15.
- 1 Grand Pier's future uncertain as Weston enters tier 3
- 2 Sewage emissions report reveals Weston affected by at least 93 sewage spills in the past year
- 3 Cash and necklaces stolen in Weston-super-Mare burglary
- 4 North Somerset to move into tier 3 after end of nationwide lockdown
- 5 North Somerset could join WECA - but faces a four-year wait
- 6 Football stadium set for coronavirus vaccination hub
- 7 Weston-super-Mare duo sentenced for drug offences
- 8 MPs brand placing North Somerset into tier 3 restrictions 'not right' and 'illogical'
- 9 Temporary traffic lights set to be installed in main road for three weeks
- 10 New leadership team for charity