Annual RNLI open match
Weston Sea Angling Association are holding their annual RNLI open beach fishing competition on November 11.
WESTON Sea Angling Association will be running their annual RNLI open beach fishing competition on November 11.
They have been running this event annually since the early 1950s and during that time, have raised in excess of �16,000 for the local branch of the RNLI.
The latest match will take place from 2.15-5.45pm. Tickets will be on sale from the clubhouse at the south end of the Promenade from 12.15pm. Entry is �10 for adults, �8 for OAPs and �5 for juniors under 16. There will also be optional pools at �2.
After the match, the prize presentation, attended by RNLI staff, will be held at the AP Bar at the Royal Hotel.
You may also want to watch:
The event is sponsored by PV Engineering, Pontypool, and is one of the favourite matches for sea anglers who will be competing for �350 cash prizes and numerous other valuable prizes.
For further information, contact Mike Tanner on 01278 788637.
- 1 Coronavirus cases in North Somerset at highest ever daily rate
- 2 'Bright future' for Weston high street
- 3 Hundreds of children told to isolate after eight schools confirm coronavirus cases
- 4 Local Plan proposals for development in North Somerset
- 5 North Somerset could be placed in higher tier after national lockdown ends
- 6 County council chairman urged to resign over 'slip of the tongue' comment about gypsies
- 7 Weston General Hospital increases patient-to-nurse ratio due to rising coronavirus patient numbers
- 8 Football association charges club and players following investigation after abandoned match
- 9 175th anniversary of Weston Cricket Club book by Roger Webber to shortly be released
- 10 Weston Town Council pledges to be an anti-racist authority