Annual RNLI open match
Weston Sea Angling Association are holding their annual RNLI open beach fishing competition on November 11.
WESTON Sea Angling Association will be running their annual RNLI open beach fishing competition on November 11.
They have been running this event annually since the early 1950s and during that time, have raised in excess of �16,000 for the local branch of the RNLI.
The latest match will take place from 2.15-5.45pm. Tickets will be on sale from the clubhouse at the south end of the Promenade from 12.15pm. Entry is �10 for adults, �8 for OAPs and �5 for juniors under 16. There will also be optional pools at �2.
After the match, the prize presentation, attended by RNLI staff, will be held at the AP Bar at the Royal Hotel.
You may also want to watch:
The event is sponsored by PV Engineering, Pontypool, and is one of the favourite matches for sea anglers who will be competing for �350 cash prizes and numerous other valuable prizes.
For further information, contact Mike Tanner on 01278 788637.
- 1 Changes to bus services in Weston
- 2 Pub nominated for pub of the year in national awards
- 3 New school welcomes its first pupils
- 4 Ed Sheeran announces huge UK tour
- 5 Poignant artwork installed on Weston beach
- 6 New restaurant named Hospitality Hero by Mercury readers
- 7 Fine food and drink on offer at biggest ever eat:Weston festival
- 8 Number of homes in major development could be reduced as amended plans submitted
- 9 North Somerset's garden waste service to resume with collections every four weeks
- 10 Plan to build £30million second school site approved