Annual seven-a-side event
- Credit: Archant
Banwell and Churchill Cricket Club start the new season on Sunday with their annual inter-club seven-a-side competition.
BANWELL and Churchill Cricket Club start the new season on Sunday with their annual inter-club seven-a-side competition.
Banwell and Churchill will be fielding two teams along with one each from Litton, Axbridge, Allerton and Wookey Hole. Matches start at 10am and continue throughout the day until 5pm.Spectators will be most welcome with refreshments available all day.
The club continues to progress with many improvements made to the ground and pavilion over the winter. New members of all ages will be most welcome.
The club will be fielding two Saturday League teams, a Sunday side who will play friendly games and two youth teams at Under-13 and Under 15-level.
You may also want to watch:
Cricketers wishing to join this club should phone 01934 832320 for further information.
- 1 Coronavirus cases in North Somerset at highest ever daily rate
- 2 Hundreds of children told to isolate after eight schools confirm coronavirus cases
- 3 Local Plan proposals for development in North Somerset
- 4 Mike Fletcher: Former Weston Cricket and Rugby legend passes away
- 5 Weston homeless charity announces new location to help vulnerable people during winter
- 6 Football association charges club and players following investigation after abandoned match
- 7 North Somerset to move into tier 3 after end of nationwide lockdown
- 8 Businessman launches two-in-one facemasks in support of MIND charity
- 9 MPs brand placing North Somerset into tier 3 restrictions 'not right' and 'illogical'
- 10 Weston-super-Mare duo sentenced for drug offences