Annual short mat bowls event at Kewstoke
- Credit: Archant
Kewstoke Short Mat Bowls Club held its annual fours tournament with 16 teams competing.
KEWSTOKE Short Mat Bowls Club held its annual fours tournament with 16 teams competing from Somerset, Bristol, Berkshire, Oxfordshire, Wiltshire, Hereford and four local teams from North Somerset.
The competition was hotly contested with all four semi-finalists winning all of their round robin games. Neither semi-final was very close, with Highbridge scoring on six of the 10 ends taking nine shots against Timsbury’s four.
The other semi-final between Wye Wayfarers (Herefordshire) and Hutton was slightly better, with the Hereford team winning 10-6.
In the final, there was some excellent bowling, with the Highbridge team outplaying Hereford 16-2.
You may also want to watch:
During the day there was a raffle which raised £210 which has been donated to Macmillan nurses.
- 1 Hundreds of children told to isolate after eight schools confirm coronavirus cases
- 2 Local Plan proposals for development in North Somerset
- 3 'Suspicious' fire damages caravan outside Weston home
- 4 Sharp rise in coronavirus cases in over 60s
- 5 Coronavirus cases in North Somerset at highest ever daily rate
- 6 Police release CCTV image of man wanted in connection with GBH in Weston
- 7 Appeal after brick thrown through window in Weston
- 8 Weston fundraiser donates hundreds to hospital for saving his life
- 9 Pubs running takeaway and collections during lockdown
- 10 Two charged with burglary and fraud