Annual ski trip to Holland
- Credit: Archant
Avon Ski Club members enjoyed their annual training trip to Holland.
AVON Ski Club has recently returned from their third annual race training trip to the world’s largest snowdome, Landgraaf, in Holland.
This year there were 11 trainees and two coaches, who were able to utilise one of the best artificial snow slopes in the world, and to train alongside the Spanish World Cup team, as well as a number of other national and regional ski teams.
The Avon youngsters were able to train on a full length slalom course and were also able to undertake many more runs than on a similar set up in the mountains, due to the short uplift time.
Avon Ski Club will be demonstrating some exercises as well as running a dual team slalom at the Mendip Snowsports Centre, Churchill, on Sunday, as part of the Slide to Sochi event being held there.
You may also want to watch:
At the weekend, you can book a taster session on either skis or snowboard for £5, as part of the build up to the Winter Olympics in Sochi, Russia, next February.
Anyone interested in learning how to race as opposed to just skiing is more than welcome at the Mendip Snowsport Centre, every Tuesday between 6-8pm, all equipment is provided, just turn up, or call Fraser Black on 07721 594676.
- 1 Man left with 'significant facial injury' following assault in Weston
- 2 Weston's four-day Oktoberfest to begin next week
- 3 Changes to bus services in Weston
- 4 Family-run business opens new tile and paving showroom
- 5 Entries open for Christmas Cracker race on Weston beach
- 6 Weston mum thanks community after Afghan refugee donation
- 7 Home Bargains store opens after £1million investment
- 8 People encouraged to have Covid booster to protect them from virus
- 9 Pub nominated for pub of the year in national awards
- 10 WIN: Tickets to UK Pink Floyd at Weston Playhouse