Another away win for Clevedon
TORQUAY 3 pts CLEVEDON 13 pts - CLEVEDON gained yet another success on the road against the might of Torquay.
TORQUAY 3 pts
CLEVEDON 13 pts
CLEVEDON gained yet another success on the road against the might of Torquay.
On a heavy pitch on a bright sunny day, Clevedon ran the ball on every occasion. Torquay replied with some dogged defence.
You may also want to watch:
The visitors took the lead through a penalty by Steve Johnson. Many a Clevedon attack broke down at the final execution, but they increased their lead with an excellent try by Owen Biggins after a scything break by centre Tom O'Rourke.
Torquay hit back with a penalty. When the hosts spread the ball wide, they looked dangerous, but the Clevedon defence, who has not let in a try in their last five games, held firm as Clevedon led 8-3 at half time.
- 1 Weston General Hospital increases patient-to-nurse ratio due to rising coronavirus patient numbers
- 2 County council chairman urged to resign over 'slip of the tongue' comment about gypsies
- 3 North Somerset could be placed in higher tier after national lockdown ends
- 4 Football association charges club and players following investigation after abandoned match
- 5 Coronavirus cases in North Somerset at highest ever daily rate
- 6 175th anniversary of Weston Cricket Club book by Roger Webber to shortly be released
- 7 Hundreds of children told to isolate after eight schools confirm coronavirus cases
- 8 Weston Town Council pledges to be an anti-racist authority
- 9 Cancer specialist offers tips on mental wellbeing during lockdown
- 10 Local Plan proposals for development in North Somerset
The second half showed a replica of the first. Clevedon running everything, but squandering many opportunities. Clevedon's forwards acquitted themselves well against a heavier eight, with Roger Birkin dominating the line-out, and Ben Stone prominent in the loose.
A delicate chip ahead by fly-half Tom Thie saw Steve Johnson flash over in the corner for a try.
Clevedon were then reduced to 14 men with a player being sin binned. Minutes later, the same fate happened to Torquay. Both sides battled to the final whistle, with Clevedon coming away with the points.
Next Saturday, Clevedon are away to Cullumpton, coach leaves 11.15am.