Another away win for Clevedon
TORQUAY 3 pts CLEVEDON 13 pts - CLEVEDON gained yet another success on the road against the might of Torquay.
TORQUAY 3 pts
CLEVEDON 13 pts
CLEVEDON gained yet another success on the road against the might of Torquay.
On a heavy pitch on a bright sunny day, Clevedon ran the ball on every occasion. Torquay replied with some dogged defence.
You may also want to watch:
The visitors took the lead through a penalty by Steve Johnson. Many a Clevedon attack broke down at the final execution, but they increased their lead with an excellent try by Owen Biggins after a scything break by centre Tom O'Rourke.
Torquay hit back with a penalty. When the hosts spread the ball wide, they looked dangerous, but the Clevedon defence, who has not let in a try in their last five games, held firm as Clevedon led 8-3 at half time.
- 1 Man suffers head injuries in Weston robbery
- 2 Banwell traffic will soon be 'a thing of the past'
- 3 May 17: Village café and sustainable shop to reopen
- 4 Newspapers often enjoyed grand town centre premises as befitted the self-important Fourth Estate.
- 5 May 17: Which pubs are reopening across Weston?
- 6 Weston shopfront restored to its former glory
- 7 Mini tornado does damage in Weston
- 8 Huge six-bedroom house with flat on Weston seafront
- 9 Weston project transforming household waste into planters to attract wildlife
- 10 Jobs boom as Weston firm looks to expand
The second half showed a replica of the first. Clevedon running everything, but squandering many opportunities. Clevedon's forwards acquitted themselves well against a heavier eight, with Roger Birkin dominating the line-out, and Ben Stone prominent in the loose.
A delicate chip ahead by fly-half Tom Thie saw Steve Johnson flash over in the corner for a try.
Clevedon were then reduced to 14 men with a player being sin binned. Minutes later, the same fate happened to Torquay. Both sides battled to the final whistle, with Clevedon coming away with the points.
Next Saturday, Clevedon are away to Cullumpton, coach leaves 11.15am.