Another podium finish for Robbie
Robbie Gallier finishes third on his Junior Rotax class debut.
EUROCAMS-backed Robbie Gallier returned to Dunkeswell Kart Circuit in Devon for the first in the new Junior Rotax class kart.
The just 14-year-old was the youngest in the class and arrived for the Saturday’s open practice buoyed up by two good days of testing in the KF class kart at PFI, the world famous Lincolnshire track.
After six practice sessions Robbie was happy with the set up the Kart Express Team gave him and was looking forward to the Sunday race day.
The first of the three heats saw Robbie start fifth and finish third, in the second starting from ninth from a grid of 14, he came through to take sixth. In the third heat Robbie came from 11th to finish sixth.
You may also want to watch:
This meant he qualified fifth and the all-important right hand side of the track for the 12-lap final. After a turbulent start, Robbie emerged third and moved up to second twice, just not having enough experience and straight line speed to hold his position. He was pleased to finish a excellent third on his debut race and his fourth podium in the class.
Robbie is grateful to receive support from Eurocams, Demon Tweeks, Mountney, Lucas Oil, PIAA and Bespoke Mfg.
- 1 North Somerset to move into tier 3 after end of nationwide lockdown
- 2 MPs brand placing North Somerset into tier 3 restrictions 'not right' and 'illogical'
- 3 Weston-super-Mare duo sentenced for drug offences
- 4 Football association charges club and players following investigation after abandoned match
- 5 Weston homeless charity announces new location to help vulnerable people during winter
- 6 Appeal for Christmas gifts for elderly and isolated
- 7 Coronavirus cases in North Somerset at highest ever daily rate
- 8 Weston General Hospital increases patient-to-nurse ratio due to rising coronavirus patient numbers
- 9 Weston Town Council pledges to be an anti-racist authority
- 10 Hundreds of children told to isolate after eight schools confirm coronavirus cases