Another podium finish for Robbie
Robbie Gallier finishes third on his Junior Rotax class debut.
EUROCAMS-backed Robbie Gallier returned to Dunkeswell Kart Circuit in Devon for the first in the new Junior Rotax class kart.
The just 14-year-old was the youngest in the class and arrived for the Saturday’s open practice buoyed up by two good days of testing in the KF class kart at PFI, the world famous Lincolnshire track.
After six practice sessions Robbie was happy with the set up the Kart Express Team gave him and was looking forward to the Sunday race day.
The first of the three heats saw Robbie start fifth and finish third, in the second starting from ninth from a grid of 14, he came through to take sixth. In the third heat Robbie came from 11th to finish sixth.
You may also want to watch:
This meant he qualified fifth and the all-important right hand side of the track for the 12-lap final. After a turbulent start, Robbie emerged third and moved up to second twice, just not having enough experience and straight line speed to hold his position. He was pleased to finish a excellent third on his debut race and his fourth podium in the class.
Robbie is grateful to receive support from Eurocams, Demon Tweeks, Mountney, Lucas Oil, PIAA and Bespoke Mfg.
- 1 Changes to bus services in Weston
- 2 Pub nominated for pub of the year in national awards
- 3 New school welcomes its first pupils
- 4 Ed Sheeran announces huge UK tour
- 5 Luxurious three-bedroom house overlooking Weston seafront
- 6 Number of homes in major development could be reduced as amended plans submitted
- 7 Plan to build £30million second school site approved
- 8 Poignant artwork installed on Weston beach
- 9 Fine food and drink on offer at biggest ever eat:Weston festival
- 10 North Somerset's garden waste service to resume with collections every four weeks