Another podium finish for Roger
Roger Orgee claimed another podium finish at Castle Combe.
CASTLE Combe celebrated the jubilee with one of the finest Formula Ford races seen in years, when the top six cars crossed the line separated by just over a second.
Langford’s championship contender, Roger Orgee, started the way he meant to go by
qualifying his Van Diemen RF00 on the front row of the grid, but only one tenth of a second in front of his team mates, so a close encounter was promised.
Roger made a brilliant start to lead the 22 cars into Quarry Corner and kept his car in the front for the first two laps. As Combe is such a high speed circuit, slipstreaming becomes as important as the Formula One drag reduction system and six cars were swapping positions every lap.
You may also want to watch:
By lap five Roger was holding a secure second spot less than two feet behind, all at 130mph.A safety car allowed the field to bunch up again and on the restart Roger tried a high-speed overtaking manoeuvre that didn’t quite come off, demoting him to third place.
The last lap was a cliff hanger with Roger hanging on to third place, while trying to regain the lead. With four podiums in four races, Roger lies a close second in the championship and is looking forward to the double header at Combe on June 16/17.
- 1 Coronavirus cases in North Somerset at highest ever daily rate
- 2 Appeal for Christmas gifts for elderly and isolated
- 3 County council chairman urged to resign over 'slip of the tongue' comment about gypsies
- 4 Weston General Hospital increases patient-to-nurse ratio due to rising coronavirus patient numbers
- 5 Weston homeless charity announces new location to help vulnerable people during winter
- 6 Football association charges club and players following investigation after abandoned match
- 7 Weston Town Council pledges to be an anti-racist authority
- 8 North Somerset to move into tier 3 after end of nationwide lockdown
- 9 MPs brand placing North Somerset into tier 3 restrictions 'not right' and 'illogical'
- 10 Weston-super-Mare duo sentenced for drug offences