Another podium place keeps Roger ahead
- Credit: Archant
Roger Orgee kept his Formula Ford championships lead intact with a second place in his latest race.
Langford’s Formula Ford champion, Roger Orgee kept his championship lead intact in his Weston College/Ridgemill/CPM team car against an intensely competitive field at Castle Combe.
Overnight rain left the track damp and drying for qualifying and after being held up in traffic, Roger dropped down to sixth place as the flag came out.
As the lights changed for the race, he made a brilliant start, moving up to third by the end of the first lap, but his rivals had pulled out a lead before the safety car emerged, allowing the field to bunch back up together.
After a couple of laps, the safety car came in and the race was back on and this time four cars pulled away from the pack. Roger pulled off a superb overtaking move to take second place.
You may also want to watch:
Roger’s second place kept his championship lead intact and earned him the driver of the day award.
- 1 Businessman launches two-in-one facemasks in support of MIND charity
- 2 Mike Fletcher: Former Weston Cricket and Rugby legend passes away
- 3 Hundreds of children told to isolate after eight schools confirm coronavirus cases
- 4 Grand Pier's future uncertain as Weston enters tier 3
- 5 MPs brand placing North Somerset into tier 3 restrictions 'not right' and 'illogical'
- 6 North Somerset to move into tier 3 after end of nationwide lockdown
- 7 Weston-super-Mare duo sentenced for drug offences
- 8 Weston homeless charity announces new location to help vulnerable people during winter
- 9 Coronavirus cases in North Somerset at highest ever daily rate
- 10 North Somerset online choir to bring Christmas cheer