Another win for the ladies
NETBALL - Weston 54 Sparks 34 - WESTON Netball Club's second team bagged another win on Saturday, this time against Bristol side Sparks.
WESTON Netball Club's second team bagged another win on Saturday, this time against Bristol side Sparks.
It was the second time the two teams had faced each other, last time the score was 49-31 to Weston, and both teams were ready for a tight match.
You may also want to watch:
Weston pulled away in the first quarter with six goals in it at the end of the first 15 minutes of play.
Weston held their lead in the second, thanks to some brilliant defence work by Hellen Gilmore, Laura Stainer and Becky Lewington, but didn't pull away as Sparks held on, almost matching Weston for goals.
- 1 Dog falls off side of Brean Down
- 2 Council tax set to rise in North Somerset
- 3 Teenager charged with dangerous driving following collision which injured three people
- 4 Attempted robbery prompts police appeal
- 5 Weston woman celebrates a century
- 6 Council reveals cost for new primary school
- 7 Chef with Michelin star experience shares 'ultimate winters seafood' recipe
- 8 Virus 'ripping through' Weston care homes
- 9 Council seeks photographer for heritage project
- 10 North Somerset Council urges businesses to apply for grant funding
By the third quarter, Weston had a sizeable lead, thanks to some excellent shooting by Jara Lapham and Mel Chilman, supported by Rachel Mason and Kadie Hodges in attack, and going into the last quarter, they were comfortably ahead.
Sparks had a good last quarter, but it wasn't enough to stop Weston, who took the match 54 - 34 with player of the match going to Rachel Mason for her efforts at centre.