Archdale Cup victory for Pythons
- Credit: Archant
C & C Pythons defeat Veterans C in the final of the Weston & District Table Tennis League’s Archdale Cup final.
THE four top teams in the Weston & District Table Tennis League’s Archdale Cup had hard fought matches in the semi-finals.
Veterans A and C teams met in one semi, which saw the C teams using handicaps to their advantage leaving A’s Colin Lewis (3), Ann Sandford (7) and John Barcham (10) with one apiece. Vets C progressing 6-3 to the final.
C & C Pythons were too strong in what was a hard-fought encounter with some close matches. Demons’ Jason King (4) was unlucky not to take a point in his match against Andy Greed (-1); Nigel Andrews (6) beat Kiem Mu (4) for Demons’ only success as Pythons won 8-1.
In the final, Pythons Andy Elliott (3) set the pace with a win over Vets C’s Gary Evry (10) to be followed by Kiem Mu (4) over Mark Treasure (11). Andy Gould, despite his -1 handicap, overcame Len Noble (11) in 18 and 16.
You may also want to watch:
Evry stopped the winning run with victory over Kiem Mu in three close games. That however was it. Vets C could do nothing to stop the stronger Python team, despite close matches and some great rallies. C & C Pythons won the Archdale Cup 8-1.
The AGM is being held on June 17 at 7.30pm at Weston Cricket Club in Devonshire Road.
- 1 Man charged with rape and sexual assaults
- 2 Man suffers head injuries in Weston robbery
- 3 Mini tornado does damage in Weston
- 4 Rapid Covid testing service goes mobile to reach more people across North Somerset
- 5 Tributes pour in for ‘dedicated family man’ who died in mountain fall
- 6 Banwell traffic will soon be 'a thing of the past'
- 7 What can I do when Covid lockdown eases on May 17?
- 8 Jobs boom as Weston firm looks to expand
- 9 Huge six-bedroom house with flat on Weston seafront
- 10 Weston pub launches eating challenge to win £100 bar tab