Archdale Cup victory for Pythons
- Credit: Archant
C & C Pythons defeat Veterans C in the final of the Weston & District Table Tennis League’s Archdale Cup final.
THE four top teams in the Weston & District Table Tennis League’s Archdale Cup had hard fought matches in the semi-finals.
Veterans A and C teams met in one semi, which saw the C teams using handicaps to their advantage leaving A’s Colin Lewis (3), Ann Sandford (7) and John Barcham (10) with one apiece. Vets C progressing 6-3 to the final.
C & C Pythons were too strong in what was a hard-fought encounter with some close matches. Demons’ Jason King (4) was unlucky not to take a point in his match against Andy Greed (-1); Nigel Andrews (6) beat Kiem Mu (4) for Demons’ only success as Pythons won 8-1.
In the final, Pythons Andy Elliott (3) set the pace with a win over Vets C’s Gary Evry (10) to be followed by Kiem Mu (4) over Mark Treasure (11). Andy Gould, despite his -1 handicap, overcame Len Noble (11) in 18 and 16.
You may also want to watch:
Evry stopped the winning run with victory over Kiem Mu in three close games. That however was it. Vets C could do nothing to stop the stronger Python team, despite close matches and some great rallies. C & C Pythons won the Archdale Cup 8-1.
The AGM is being held on June 17 at 7.30pm at Weston Cricket Club in Devonshire Road.
- 1 Hundreds of children told to isolate after eight schools confirm coronavirus cases
- 2 Local Plan proposals for development in North Somerset
- 3 'Suspicious' fire damages caravan outside Weston home
- 4 Sharp rise in coronavirus cases in over 60s
- 5 Police release CCTV image of man wanted in connection with GBH in Weston
- 6 Coronavirus cases in North Somerset at highest ever daily rate
- 7 Appeal after brick thrown through window in Weston
- 8 Weston fundraiser donates hundreds to hospital for saving his life
- 9 Pubs running takeaway and collections during lockdown
- 10 Two charged with burglary and fraud