Archie captures gold medal at national finals
- Credit: Archant
Splitz Gymnastic Club member Archie Pickles picked up the gold medal at the national tumbling finals held in Telford.
Splitz Gymnastics Club attended the tumbling national finals in Telford with Archie Pickles winning the gold medal for the nine to 10 age group, making him the best tumbler in the country.
Archie was a medal winner in the South West prelims and also made top eight in the semi-finals in Birmingham to reach the finals.
Archie, who attends Oldmixon School, has been attending Splitz Gym Club for four years, has excelled in tumbling and will now go on to the next higher level.
Two weeks prior to this, he also won a gold medal in the mixed pairs with his partner Maddison at the South West Acrobatics Championships.
You may also want to watch:
Archie trains seven hours a week in acrobatics and tumbling at Splitz Gym Club, who now have their own premises with a full-size sprung floor and full competition tumble track which will help all their gymnasts’ progress to a higher level.
- 1 Doctor resigns from Weston General Hospital's A&E department
- 2 Grand Pier's future uncertain as Weston enters tier 3
- 3 Calls to scrap housing plan to create "people's forest" in Weston
- 4 Christmas panto cancelled due to tier three restrictions
- 5 North Somerset to move into tier 3 after end of nationwide lockdown
- 6 Hospital trust defends patient-to-nurses ratio increase
- 7 Weston shop offering personalised fudge gift boxes
- 8 Airport to receive £8million grant to 'protect jobs'
- 9 Mural nears completion in Weston
- 10 Weston-super-Mare duo sentenced for drug offences